New Years (2024) Resolutions

Mine are all a work in progress

1) Get my boat on the water in May and use it most weekends
2) More affectionate with respect to wife
3) Less messy in the house (less for wife to pickup)
4) Retire or at least go part time
5) Become insulin sensitive (which entails a diet with only good complex carbs)

Those goals are really good. 👍

I’ve never been one to wait for the New Year’s to reflect and set goals. When I think something is worth chasing or changing, I just start it right then.

Anytime somebody tells me about a future goal they plan on starting next week, next month, or next year I usually congratulate them and add “why not start tomorrow?”

Anytime somebody tells me about a future goal they plan on starting next week, next month, or next year I usually congratulate them and add “why not start tomorrow?”
Indeed.
Did you ever actually say that to someone, in playful seriousness or jest, and have them stop and make an incredibly stupid face at you?
I have.
It's amazing what ruffles our feathers sometimes.

I’ve never been one to wait for the New Year’s to reflect and set goals. When I think something is worth chasing or changing, I just start it right then.
Yep, started mine at least twice this month already... and many more, since they're the same they always have been.

If I were to make a new resolution for this year, it'd be just to shorten the time between failing and resuming, too often that time gets too long, waiting "for the right time to start again". A good resolution would be to start again right this moment when I've realized I've done it again and not kept good habit.

Finish the addition to my house. My son is the carpenter, he was doing the work but decided to return to school for Civil Engineering. I am very glad he recognized this was the best way forward, but it REALLY messed up my project timeline!

Back