New (old) Hyundai Oil Filters From RockAuto?

Just purchased a few Hyundai OEM oil filters from RockAuto. The part number I ordered was the older 26300-35504 for $2.57 each. I knew they weren't the newer 05 version, but I didn't expect them to be 5+ years old! That is what the label is telling me, right?

I'm still going to use them. Just thought I'd share.

hyu_fil.jpg

Just purchased a few Hyundai OEM oil filters from RockAuto. The part number I ordered was the older 26300-35504 for $2.57 each. I knew they weren't the newer 05 version, but I didn't expect them to be 5+ years old! That is what the label is telling me, right?

I'm still going to use them. Just thought I'd share.

View attachment 63464
That's a deal. I would use them also.

I bought some of the 05 part numbers in december of last year from an Amazon seller, and the lot number shows the year 2019. Shouldn't be a problem. You got a pretty good deal. I paid around 4-5 bucks all in a piece.

Last edited:
We've got guys here sitting on 20–year-old oil and filter stashes, not afraid to use them. So what if the filter is 5 years old? Still works for the application, right?

Another thought: we've had lots of threads talking about poor quality in newer filters, and older filters performing better. That old Hyundai filter might be better than its replacement, who knows.

I still have some OEM Hyundai filters from when we got the Santa Fe in 2012. I actually forgot about them. Found them when we moved. LOL

No issue using them at all.

Back