New Honda filter Walmart

I work at a parts store and we sell the OEM filters now too - have for a couple years. Honda filters don’t come in a box, I believe Walmart requested that specially for their stock. Hence why it looks “fake” to some people here. Our price is similar to Walmarts. Lots of people buy them!

I work at a parts store and we sell the OEM filters now too - have for a couple years. Honda filters don’t come in a box, I believe Walmart requested that specially for their stock. Hence why it looks “fake” to some people here. Our price is similar to Walmarts. Lots of people buy them!
I received RTA version in a box from Acura dealer.

Is that one also marked "Made in the USA"? Is there a Fram type date code on the can, or some other date code?. See sticky thread in this forum to read date codes.

Edit - I see a Fram date code in photo in post #1. Made on day 336 of 2022.
A23042 is the only code I find on it.

ST is a great filter (identical to ACDelco), but which ST are you using with the Civic? IIRC they no longer make an ST7317.
I am not sure I just changed it the other day and had previously purchased some old ST filters and this was the last one. It was blue in color and it seemed very short however I am not sure which one it was.

I am not sure I just changed it the other day and had previously purchased some old ST filters and this was the last one. It was blue in color and it seemed very short however I am not sure which one it was.
Thx. If it is really short it is probably the 6607. I have used this for my Odyssey but it just feels wrong to use one that short!

Is that one also marked "Made in the USA"? Is there a Fram type date code on the can, or some other date code?. See sticky thread in this forum to read date codes.

Edit - I see a Fram date code in photo in post #1. Made on day 336 of 2022.
USA made + Fram date code = A Fram made filter!

Thx. If it is really short it is probably the 6607. I have used this for my Odyssey but it just feels wrong to use one that short!
I found the filter the box from the filter that is on the car currently. It's an ST6607. Here is a picture of the filter I removed it's an ST6607 also. I ran the white filter from 121,210 mile up to 135,000 plus miles! That's the longest I have ever went without changing it out. I did change the oil only about 3 or 4 times because it's so easy with the MityVac. I just left the same filter on for under 12 months and it was probably 9 months ago when I installed the filter with 121,210 miles on the car. I just don't like taking that aluminum plate from the bottom of the engine.

Attachments

• MuppzCz%TiG5dqe32erf7g.jpg
    MuppzCz%TiG5dqe32erf7g.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 7
  • tBRZugnwSPO7BDdeADMNqg.jpg
    tBRZugnwSPO7BDdeADMNqg.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 7
Which one is better made RTA or A02? Watched some videos where they cut them, hard to tell…

Back