New Honda filter Walmart

wlk

My Walmart, central PA, is now carrying Honda brand A02 filters now for those that need them. They were also carrying a Subaru filter as well. Price on the Honda was $12 and change which is about $2 more than at dealership but now I don't have to go out of my way to get there.

Attachments

• IMG_20230722_154044_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg
    IMG_20230722_154044_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_20230722_154024_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg
    IMG_20230722_154024_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 83
What does the base look like? "Made in the USA" on the can may mean made by Fram (?).

You buy them online for much less. $12 is too much for it.

Last edited:
Reactions: JC1
I have 135,000 miles on my Civic and I run cheap Walmart Super Tech filters and they work great. I would not pay $12 for a filter for a Honda.
honda filters are not worth $12. They are OK, but just an average filter. You can buy them in bulk and it can be as low as $7 per filter.

Reactions: wlk
I run the Honda filters and the $3( Dlr was $9.98 last time) I save by not running to the other end of town is worth it to me. Could order but it gets changed 3xs per yr and shipping doesn't offset the cost significantly to matter.
My Element for some dumb reason makes the stupid high pitched squeaking noise if I don't run Honda's. I have tried Fram Ultra, TG and orange cans along w Supertechs and if I run those it squeaks. Sounds like 2 pieces of tin scraping each other right behind the glove box. Drove me crazy for months until we figured it out. Shouldn't make a difference but it does. I think maybe it is relief pressure on the bypass is different, idk, wish it didn't but keeps it quiet and the wife happy.

Here is the old one from dealer, looks identical to the new one.
Is that one also marked "Made in the USA"? Is there a Fram type date code on the can, or some other date code?. See sticky thread in this forum to read date codes.

Edit - I see a Fram date code in photo in post #1. Made on day 336 of 2022.

Is that one also marked "Made in the USA"? Is there a Fram type date code on the can, or some other date code?. See sticky thread in this forum to read date codes.

Edit - I see a Fram date code in photo in post #1. Made on day 336 of 2022.
Yes both are made in USA, I'll look for a date code

As long as I've been buying them the last 2 years mine have been made in US
Ok so it's a higher price but at least it's available, maybe the dealer is too far, maybe no one wants anything but a Honda filter. Most likely Walmart knows they're pricing it higher for convenience. And all Honda filters are shrink wrapped from the dealer, someone put it in a box for Walmart.

All my filters from Honda have been made in USA, even the A01 that's discontinued.
Sure I keep an open mind about other filters and will probably try the Microgard Select for my civic when my A01 stash runs out. but it's awesome they're available at all at Walmart..(y)

Back