New Ford Fusion I4 oil recommendations....

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife has a 09 Milan with the four banger. She's a high
mileage driver with over 30K in a year and a half...all on
MC 5-20 with OCIs every 5-6K, all done by local Lincoln/Merc
dealer. She gets 34MPG on the highway and 25 around town.
I always use the dealer coupons off of the Ford owners site
because it only costs $37 a pop and they always do a complete
check/fills and a free car wash. The best part is the Ford
owners website....the dealer puts all maintenance records,
service, costs, and dates in the computer and it's always
there for the owner to see. I did my own changes
until she got the Milan when I decided to give them a try.
.....Can't beat it. Check out the UOAs on MC semi-syn.
It's good stuff at twice the price. It has a huge following
of Honda and Toyota drivers too.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
Havoline DS 5w-30 is a very good 5w-20
wink.gif

He's right. I've used it a few times in my Corolla. I currently have 5w20 DS in it, but I'll be back to the 5w30 at the next change.

Originally Posted By: zulu
Motorcraft 5W-20 with Motorcraft filters. Run it a Ford's recommended OCI and forget about it.

But yes, M1 0/5W-20 is a good oil too.
There is no better advice. There is no real advantage to running syn unless you extend the oil change intervals.

I wouldnt say there is not an advantage with the syn but I agree the blend should be fine at the factory oci. Im not an oil expert or anything though but all you have to do is a simple search of why syn is better. I know a lot of it has to due with lasting longer and wont matter if you change at the factory oci though.

Last edited:
I've used the MC Syn Blend 5w-20 in our Fusion Hybrid and a 2002 CR-V. It looks clean after 4000 miles still. Great stuff. I change every 5k with a Motorcraft filter in the Fusion Hybrid.

Well I did change the oil with MC 5W20 syn blend at 1k miles with a MC filter. I got everything at walmart for a good price but still cant find the full sync MC anywhere but maybe the dealer. Im at 1,900 mi now and at 5k im going to change again but want to go to syn this time.

Well then, go to you local Walmart pick up your Motorcraft filter and a 5-quart container of 5W-20 Pennzoil Platinum and enjoy your Fusion.

I use Pennzoil Platinum 5W20 with Motorcraft filters on my Fords. Ultra would be good if you don't mind the expense. MC or M1 are also good. I think the more important thing is to stay with the Motorcraft filter.

Originally Posted By: Spdfrk1990
Well I did change the oil with MC 5W20 syn blend at 1k miles with a MC filter. I got everything at walmart for a good price but still cant find the full sync MC anywhere but maybe the dealer. Im at 1,900 mi now and at 5k im going to change again but want to go to syn this time.

If you are still looking around for Motorcraft FULL Synthetic, try the Advance Auto Parts web site for that product. When you put in the zip code for the stores in your area, it will show which stores still have it in their inventory.

That product is being clearanced as I speak. I just picked up a couple of cases of Motorcraft Full synthetic 5W20 for $1.95/ qt. If you use the $10 off coupon for spending at least $25, you can get them for almost $1.30/ qt.

Thanks I just checked 1 store has it that is 10miles away im surprised none of the other closer stores have it.

Originally Posted By: Johnny
Well then, go to you local Walmart pick up your Motorcraft filter and a 5-quart container of 5W-20 Pennzoil Platinum and enjoy your Fusion.

Good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back