New 18 STI Factory fill UOA 1,300 mi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am leaning towards Swifty's idea at the moment with running 1 quart of 0w40 edge and the remaining 3.5 quarts of 5w30 edge.

Originally Posted By: Spdfrk1990

Thanks, I got Lapis Blue Pearl.

Very nice; I always wanted WRB, but LBP would of been the other color I would of went with after seeing it in person. Enjoy the new ride, it's a very capable fun machine.

I will say that I envy the weather you have up north (just not the snow); can't wait till it cools off down here in Florida again: the car is a completely different animal when I drive it early in the morning compared to the peak of the day.

On the topic of Motul, yes, FE & EFE carries the right API (not resource conserving though). As long as it's the right API & oil grade it shouldn't be a problem with regards to warranty. I've got 2,000 miles on my X-clean 5w-30 FE fill - plan on changing it between 4,000-5,000 miles so keep an eye out for UOA.

Originally Posted By: Tiir

Thanks, I got Lapis Blue Pearl.

Very nice; I always wanted WRB, but LBP would of been the other color I would of went with after seeing it in person. Enjoy the new ride, it's a very capable fun machine.

I will say that I envy the weather you have up north (just not the snow); can't wait till it cools off down here in Florida again: the car is a completely different animal when I drive it early in the morning compared to the peak of the day.

Thanks. Its been 90 here in Ohio for the last week.

Last edited:
I am leaning towards Swifty's idea at the moment with running 1 quart of 0w40 edge and the remaining 3.5 quarts of 5w30 edge.
Because?

Originally Posted By: CT8
Because?

This way I keep my 5w30 edge receipt for the warranty and its easy to get local at a reasonable price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back