Napa Gold Cut open, W I D E pleat spacing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
Are ALL WIX GOLD filters built like that? I had once considered trying a WIX GOLD filter equivalent to the FL-400S, but after seeing that one............
shocked.gif

You really can't make a buying decision based on one filter. Well you can but it isn't based on valid reasoning. No way is wix doing 100% inspection of oil filters. A product like oil filters that's mass produced in huge numbers will have some flaws get through.

x2, I'm not getting my pitchfork out yet. Running a Wix on my XJ and LR3 so I will cut those open when I take them off.

I have been using a NAPA filter in my daughters 2007 Mazda 3 and have noticed they are not built to the quality they once were. I still have three left though from the six that I bought.

Originally Posted By: AZjeff
Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
Are ALL WIX GOLD filters built like that? I had once considered trying a WIX GOLD filter equivalent to the FL-400S, but after seeing that one............
shocked.gif

You really can't make a buying decision based on one filter. Well you can but it isn't based on valid reasoning. No way is wix doing 100% inspection of oil filters. A product like oil filters that's mass produced in huge numbers will have some flaws get through.

You're right. I might have over reacted too soon.
But, that filter sure is messed up!

Ive run proselects and never saw one with wide spacing..i have a Gold in now and will cut it open and post it as well. I think its a one off..not ideal but still, not ripped. Even if it did Id give them as much chance as I did to Purolator. Id have to see a few tears before passing judgment. I would like to see Fram make a competing filter to the proselect. Something better than the orange can and cheaper!

Perhaps send the pictures to their customer service/QC department with a complaint. I've seen lots of C&P's of Wix, never one like that.

....You really can't make a buying decision based on one filter. Well you can but it isn't based on valid reasoning. No way is wix doing 100% inspection of oil filters. A product like oil filters that's mass produced in huge numbers will have some flaws get through.

Good points and reasonable conclusion imo. If that decision was to be case though, the corollary Fram Tough Guard pic also posted by the OP, would have to be reflective of all TG's too and their QC. Unlike the topic filter though, that TG is a functional failure, ie,. oil in bypass. From this thread.

full-76402-8149-img_4744.jpg

Originally Posted By: Sayjac
....You really can't make a buying decision based on one filter. Well you can but it isn't based on valid reasoning. No way is wix doing 100% inspection of oil filters. A product like oil filters that's mass produced in huge numbers will have some flaws get through.

Good points and reasonable conclusion imo. If that decision was to be case though, the corollary Fram Tough Guard pic also posted by the OP, would have to be reflective of all TG's too and their QC. Unlike the topic filter though, that TG is a functional failure, ie,. oil in bypass. From this thread.

full-76402-8149-img_4744.jpg

Very true. I am still upset about that filter. That came off our "good" vehicle.

We're all going to have to start buying two Wix filters at a time; one to cut open to see if it's alright, and the other to put on the car if the first filter is OK.

As someone that recently declared all "paper oil filters" obsolete HERE, "we" couldn't include you. It also would eliminate you from an objective discussion or conclusion on the use of ANY cellulose media based oil filter.

Sadly, just more pointless trolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back