Bosch 3300 Cut Open 5,104 Miles

IMG_5706.jpeg
First post, changed oil in my ‘17 Pathfinder yesterday. Looks like the ADBV was pressed flat against the end cap instead covering the holes. Wavy pleats but no tears, filter is made in Mexico
IMG_5702.jpeg
IMG_5705.jpeg
IMG_5704.jpeg

Welcome to BITOG and thanks for the cut and post. Is the ADBV on backwards? :eek:
I was thinking the same thing but the top contours or flows (angles) too smoothly w/the top of the center tube protrusion so I think it's correct.

EDIT: Did a Bing search & it might be.

Last edited:
Thanks! Sure looks like it, I can flip it down into position but as soon as the baseplate presses it, it snaps open
Thanks for posting this cut/open.. We've been seeing some very poor quality results from the made in mexico Bosch filters.. Complete opposite of when they were made in USA. This just confirms the other posts to stay away from Bosch.. No excuse of not being able to make a good filter.

Here's a Bosch 3300 video.
Does your metal can have an indention for the Anti drain back valve to go into or can you post a pic of the top filter where the ADBV sets w/ the ADBV removed? You can see WCW had to pull the red ADBV out of the can with two hands. If yours does then it appears your ADBV is upside down.

Right were is finger is pointing to do you see an indention like posted below?

Screenshot 2024-02-20 2.12.33 PM.jpg

I'm pretty sure the ADBV goes the other way on the filter. Then it works as it should.

Doubtful that the ADBV was installed upside down in the filter. Probably the OP just took the filter apart and then put the ADBV back on for the photo and he put it upside down.

I'm pretty sure the ADBV goes the other way on the filter. Then it works as it should.

Doubtful that the ADBV was installed upside down in the filter. Probably the OP just took the filter apart and then put the ADBV back on for the photo and he put it upside down.
That’s exactly how it came apart, I don’t think it’s upside down, it’s just not necessarily curved correctly

Here's a Bosch 3300 video.
Does your metal can have an indention for the Anti drain back valve to go into or can you post a pic of the top filter where the ADBV sets w/ the ADBV removed? You can see WCW had to pull the red ADBV out of the can with two hands. If yours does then it appears your ADBV is upside down.

Right were is finger is pointing to do you see an indention like posted below?

View attachment 204582

No indention, second pic is no pressure on valve, first picture is when spring would be be pressing the cartridge down. When it came apart the valve was stick flat against the cartridge View attachment 204601View attachment 204600
The last picture looks like it's sealing better w/o spring tension or w/o pressing it down. When you press it down like in the first picture it causes the ADBV to spring upwards. It does appear correctly oriented after all though. Also, this one being different from the 3300 in the video was it made in Mexico?

It might be the wrong ADBV for that filter element. The ADBV should not slip over the end cap cylinder as shown in this photo. The end of that cylinder is suppose to put pressure on and capture the center of the ADBV, and pinch it tight against the inside of the base plate.

1708467050616.jpeg

Back