My new Corvette has arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I absolutely love the C7. Drive the rental ones all the time. They ride wonderfully, even in track mode. Cornering is superb, even on uneven surfaces. Overall, the C7 is the muscular American strong man that outperforms cars costing far more. And it does it while being 100% reliable and unstressed.

The one issue I've noticed is that constant very high speed driving here in South Florida on hot days will result in engine thermal management kicking in, and it being temporarily limited to 3000 RPM or so.

Also, running the C7 on regular gas is not a good idea. It absolutely will detonate like crazy.

Enjoy!

Originally Posted By: Kira
1) What oil does it take? Three pages in and I'm the first to ask?

He listed that info in his sig, hence probably why no one asked.
smile.gif

Very nice! Those look like some serious summer tires, so you might want to check if there's any temperature restrictions on them. Some will crack at -7C even if you just moved the car in the garage.

Originally Posted By: IndyIan
Very nice! Those look like some serious summer tires, so you might want to check if there's any temperature restrictions on them. Some will crack at -7C even if you just moved the car in the garage.

OP/Patman,
Do you plan to get some winter tires for it?

Oh, HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY Ownership to you!

Originally Posted By: deven
Awesome car! Congratulations!! We need more pics of both inside and outside! Thanks!!

OP is too busy driving (cough cough) in a responsible manner......

Very nice! Congrats! Chevy did a great job with the C7.

Even though we sometimes use the term generically, remember, no polishing, you want to wax or seal your factory fresh paint.

What is the real life, doing your daily dance, MPG average? Is this still a push rod engine? The only reason I don't daily drive a RWD car, is that the Rat hasn't proved road worthy. Just because I drive a soulless appliance these days, doesn't mean I'm gonna come down on you for your arrest me red Corvette. The car is awesome!

Take a winter vacation and drive it here to Texas so I can take a closer look!
We have some very long straight hiways in west Texas
grin.gif

Right now and I am saying to myself:

Thou shalt not covet...thy fellow BITOG members sweet C7 Corvette Stingray.

It is one of the very few cars that gets my eye to wander these days...

Last edited:
I hate red cars until I saw one of those last week. Just the right amount of a brilliant red and black. I could not stop staring at that Corvette. I am so jealous, congrats!

I have always been a big fan of the corvette! This one is spectacular, red suits it nicely!

Originally Posted By: Kira
1) What oil does it take? Three pages in and I'm the first to ask?

2) Don't ascend / descend driveway aprons which are too steep. We don't want to scrape our chin, do we?

3) Now you have to go to that place in California and have the roof sawn off.

4) What engine is in it? They have an aluminum small block, no?

Enjoy it.

It currently has M1 5w30 in it but I will switch to the new Dexos approved M1 0w40 when it comes out next month (that's the factory fill on the 2019 Corvettes)

I don't need to saw the roof off, it's a removable targa.

It has an all aluminum 6.2L V8 making 455 hp.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Congrats Patman! Did you already sell the 05 Vette?

Yes, I sold it a couple of weeks ago privately, but the dealer did the paperwork on the transaction so I got the 13% tax credit as a trade in on the new one.

Originally Posted By: andyd
What is the real life, doing your daily dance, MPG average?

This will get better MPG than my old one because it has AFM, so it should be about 22-24 in normal driving and 37-40 MPG highway (not kidding, it's that good)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back