Musk - We're living in a simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the Matrix you were a real person living in a simulated environment. However, if we are entirely creatures of the simulation, with no existance or possibility of existence outside of it, then it matters very little.
50.gif

It's close to my personal belief system.

My set is Global Universal Cosnsciousness, we are all a part of the same, experiencing all facets through a co-created "coexistence"

Not quite the matrix model where we would be akin the the NPC characters in Elder Scrolls.

In that case somebody needs to hit the reset button. This game stinks.

When he pondered on building an electric car that could out accelerate nearly everything AND drive itself people called [censored] on that, too.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
...My set is Global Universal Cosnsciousness, we are all a part of the same, experiencing all facets through a co-created "coexistence"...

We are learning machines, aren't we?

A little humor:

(nuts, it won't embed)

The next time the universe cycles the laws will be different.

Remember, everything is virtually nothing.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program.

Relax folks it's just an opinion of a very successful CEO. And he's not the first to come up with this idea.
33.gif

Originally Posted By: buster
Relax folks it's just an opinion of a very successful CEO. And he's not the first to come up with this idea.
33.gif

Slight correction: it's a sensationalized news story about an idea that a very successful CEO mentioned one time.

I think Tesla is still in a simulation if their stock is 1000x earnings and there's not a clear vision if they'll be able to produce the Model 3 profitably...maybe Musk was just getting in touch with his "inner metaphor".

It was never meant to be a real hypothesis. It was just a piece of a thought experiment.

This is just what happens when you have too much time on your hands. Wealthy businesspeople and kooky introspection/ideology go like coal and fire.

There's a reason Scientology attracts so many wealthy people. When you have less tangible issues to deal with, you start wrangling with the intangible issues frequently.

Originally Posted By: d00df00d
It was never meant to be a real hypothesis. It was just a piece of a thought experiment.

Lots of thought experiments use a testable hypothesis, just something can't readily test right now. If he said he was a Pastafarian, at least it would have been worthy of a laugh.

I'll give him credit for trying to provoke thought, but the idea that we're living in some sort of "simulation" is ludicrous-the sort of thing that might be dreamed up by the movie mindset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back