Most affordable priced home I have seen in Arizona

It doesn't seem like a half-bad place to live.
I rather live where I do that doesn't have any consideration with the word "bad" in it.

The house in question is overpriced (that's why it's been on the market for 80plus days-and the middle of no where) and certainly 15 miles from the border doesn't help.

It's 50 minutes and 50 miles from Tucson, and the American side of nogales probably doesn't have many businesses to work for. That's why it's cheap

Debatable, but I don't see a security/ safety issue with living near the border. The risk of having an unsecured border is more likely than not at locations within CONUS far from the border. One could argue that if the border in the US is porous, the border area actually might be significantly safer than other places by people crossing the border with bad intent towards the US.

It looks like it backs up to a commercial venture of some sort. I think I see flatbed trucks and heavy duty construction equipment (utility-bed truck, front end loader?) in the fenced-in area.
I think that is the risk with this property. Likely little to no zoning requirements and/ or enforcement. Vacant lots next door, maybe a independent garbage truck repair shop gets built next door.

In today's market- the home is nicely priced for a warm weather home. Some research identified thousands of Canadians live in this area as snowbirds, and the number of Candian snowbirds continues to increase year over year.

Is this a particularly desirable area to live?

It might be priced too high.
No its not particularly desirable, especially if one likes shopping and restaurant choices. But the home is 45 minutes from Costco and a decent served airport.

Right near the Mexican border. Houses in Laredo TX are cheap also..

I don't know anything about that part of Arizona but we would love to move to Prescot or Scottsdale.
The Laredo/ McAllen area is also on my radar. I like the Laredo/ McAllen area for lower priced housing and milder winters. The wife bucks hard against the Laredo/ McAllen area because of the distance to Denver.

Anything in Arizona thats exposed to sun wears out twice as fast as any state I've ever lived in.

Roofs, paint, windows, wood, even metal, any kind of a seal, The heat and suns UV annihilate everything.

I swear one summer in Parker I saw trees chasing dogs - it was 120+ in the shade and only cooled off a few degrees at night.

my neighbors and I would all go hose down the roof as soon as the sun went down so you could get the house under 90.

Back