Abandon and vandalized home on one acre in Rio Rico, AZ for $120k USD

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
Interesting find that caught my eye. Listing agent states the home is on higher ground with nice views. No interior pics might mean the interior is so bad, better off not displaying pictures, or maybe the listing agent didn't have access to the interior. The cage in the front of the home is unique. Home built in the early 1990s.

It’s got curb appeal! Too close to the border if my experience with border towns is any indicator. That cage is a nice touch. I’d love to see the inside.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Please move to the HUMOR section.
I'd buy it for $40k USD site unseen. Secure the building, likely a fun project at $40k USD. My biggest worry from what I have learned about AZ property is the plumbing drain pipes. Seems they often clog from non use, and they are sunk in concrete, making repairs costly and messy.

Reactions: JC1
Sunk in concrete? You mean that soil won't pass a perc test?
Looks like the entire yard is a likely spot for a drain bed!

Reactions: CKN
Sunk in concrete? You mean that soil won't pass a perc test?
Looks like the entire yard is a likely spot for a drain bed!
No, sorry I did a bad job of typing that. The PVC for sinks, showers, toilets that the waste water inside the house drains into in newer AZ homes is in the concrete floor. I don't know the exact reason why, but these PVC pipes clog/ collapses when not used regularly. The repair reportedly is to cut the concrete to replace the collapsed/ constricted PVS pipe inside the house.

I am not fluent on the above issue, but have been told of this issue from multiple parties.

No, sorry I did a bad job of typing that. The PVC for sinks, showers, toilets that the waste water inside the house drains into in newer AZ homes is in the concrete floor. I don't know the exact reason why, but these PVC pipes clog/ collapses when not used regularly. The repair reportedly is to cut the concrete to replace the collapsed/ constricted PVS pipe inside the house.

I am not fluent on the above issue, but have been told of this issue from multiple parties.
Most likely from the HEAT and pressure of course.

For my locale that house is peanuts as it appears to just need an interior gut. It looks it could be a nice house , no clue on the area .

That's not new. My 1950's house has that except they are a clay/ tar like material. I wonder if there is any work in that area? I could sell my house here in California, buy that and have $$$ left over

That's not new. My 1950's house has that except they are a clay/ tar like material. I wonder if there is any work in that area? I could sell my house here in California, buy that and have $$$ left over
I know a guy from the old Pontiac Bonneville forum that moved from New York State to Tucson Az to be a diesel mechanic and reported that he is doing very well. On new York State he was driving water trucks for the fracking industry, but that work dried up.

The back wall has seen better days including that hole. Looks like a dog kennel at the front.
I imagine the entire back wall/windows needs replacement.

The good news for a home like that, one can buy awesome replacement windows that were originally made for a custom home for pennies on the dollar. Build the back walls around the windows. I have bought many great windows, granite countertops, etc from this auctioneer. Not sure since C in 2020 how much excess construction materials are on the market, but I have done really well with Peak.

As always, the auction business is a tough business, and one needs great discipline, patience, and research to come out ok on a purchase.

9 miles from Nogales, plus the cage in front. Trafficker house maybe?

Never heard of pipes in concrete being a problem. Its the normal practice here in the Southeast as well. I do know in the 70's and 80's they used polybutylene pipes that failed and had to be replaced - 30 - 40K is common. Maybe that is what your thinking of?

looks like a former house in the movie Sicario or breaking bad. hard pass.

Location might mean too many 'uninvited' visitors from sur de la fronterra.
Many people have that thought. I think that assessment may be erroneous. I have worked in El Paso, Sierra Vista, Yuma, etc. What I have found is two things (1) law enforcement is alive and well in these areas, (2) the people coming across the border are not looking to do activities that get them arrested near the boarder. I feel significantly safer walking the streets of Nogales, AZ or El Paso, TX day or night, than I would walking the streets of Chicago or in many parts of the Bay area. In fact, I have zero issues walking in downtown El Paso at 2am on a Saturday morning. I can't say that for Chicago or San Francisco.

Back