Mobil 1 0W-20 AFE, 4802 miles, 2019 Subaru Crosstrek

This is the first oil change I've sampled from this car. It's been running Mobil 1 0W-20 AFE in 5k mile increments since the first oil change.

Up until this week, the car has been short tripped often due to a 3 mile drive to work. I switched to Mobil 1 5W-20 this time just out of curiosity.

2019 Crosstrek.jpg

30 PPM silicon avg on that engine...Interesting. Would this happen to be a newer engine they're now using? Looks like they're reducing the add pack for MPG on this AFE.

30 PPM silicon avg on that engine...Interesting. Would this happen to be a newer engine they're now using? Looks like they're reducing the add pack for MPG on this AFE.
Not really sure about the silicon. Maybe Subaru people doing offroad Subaru things? This car doesn't get offroaded but it's probably due for an air filter, it's still on the original.

I have the same car and yr. After reading all the subi UOA and looking at MrSubaru1987(I think that’s what it’s called) I went with Pennzoil plat 5w30. They had a rebate. The car is used by my wife for very short trips 1 mile work, shopping visits. And then 1 50 mile round trip per wk. car is getting close to 40 mpg on hwy 50-60 mph. I’m more worried about CVT. Good report

I have the same car and yr. After reading all the subi UOA and looking at MrSubaru1987(I think that’s what it’s called) I went with Pennzoil plat 5w30. They had a rebate. The car is used by my wife for very short trips 1 mile work, shopping visits. And then 1 50 mile round trip per wk. car is getting close to 40 mpg on hwy 50-60 mph. I’m more worried about CVT. Good report
I like his videos. I have the diff and trans fluid on a 40k mile schedule. The wife started a new job this week that's about 15 miles each way so I think that'll be better for the car in the long run.

Back