MMO full oci?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give that MMO sometime, you'll be praising it too.
01.gif

Originally Posted By: ADFD1
Give that MMO sometime, you'll be praising it too.
01.gif

I have had MMO in my oil on the Marauder now for about 1500 miles, I checked the dipstick yesterday and the oil looked fairly dark. Normally without MMO in the oil on this car it still has a light golden color at 1500 miles.

Ususally after 1500 miles into an OCI on this car the oil starts getting darker, it will be interesting to see what the oil looks like when I change it at 5000 miles.

I just changed the oil in my 2001 Saturn SL1 and added 3/4 quart MMO to 3 3/4 quarts Trop-Arctic Syn Blend.

This is the 3rd oil change with MMO in my 119,000 mile SL1 that I bought with 109,000 miles. I even add MMO to top-offs ! Oil comes out way black at 3,000 mile changes.
shocked2.gif

I just ran 20 ounces for the last 1000 miles of my OCI in my E-150. It turned the PP which was in there for a year the darkest I can remember, but I did about another 1,500 miles than I normally do.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
I just ran 20 ounces for the last 1000 miles of my OCI in my E-150. It turned the PP which was in there for a year the darkest I can remember, but I did about another 1,500 miles than I normally do.

Pennzoil Platinum with its cleaning abilities and MMO is a winning combination towards cleaning an engine in my opinion.

PP & MMO cleaned up my valvetrain in 7000 miles. When I popped my valve covers off I could read the serial numbers inside the cylinder heads.

I also have noticed PP got darker than any other oil in my babied engine.
I assume it was cleaning things out better in the ring area. Everything else visible is like the day it was made.

BTW, I am trying MMO for a full OCI, but only 1/2 qt in a 4.5qt system. And because it is winter.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: mechtech2
I also have noticed PP got darker than any other oil in my babied engine.
I assume it was cleaning things out better in the ring area. Everything else visible is like the day it was made.

BTW, I am trying MMO for a full OCI, but only 1/2 qt in a 4.5qt system. And because it is winter.

It seems you are running 10% of your oil volume with MMO, I am doing the same thing in my Marauder, my car holds 6 quarts of oil which is 192 ounces so I put in about 19 ounces of MMO.

I did notice that I had to add about 8 ounces of oil 1500 miles into my OCI, I asked Demarpaint about this, he told me the same thing has happened to him, he thought the MMO was maybe cleaning up the ring packs or something.

If I did not explain this correctly I am sure Demarpaint will chime in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back