Should i be worried about the supertech oil filter on my car?

For those of you who run 10k Mile oci's. Would you rather buy a car who's oil was changed every 4k miles or 10k miles? Lol. Don't lie
10K with M1 EP, Valvoline Advanced or similar? Vs. 4K with unknown bulk (like the swill our Ford dealers were using on Premium Care oil changes)? I’ll take the 10K…

So we all talk about how long mileage wise and time wise oil can go. But what about oem oil filters like denso 90915yzzd3?? I want to do a yearly oil change interval on the ls400 and tundra, but idk if the denso filter is capable of 6k miles/yearly oil changes? I don't want to run a fram ultra

Of course it is. Millions of Toyotas run on Denso filters for that long and longer.

This discussion keeps going in ⭕️ s.

I certainly understand the desire to change oil early (I am in the 5k camp). However I doubt my engines will last any longer than those that get 10k changes. In most cases the car will literally rot around a perfectly good engine; usually in northern climates, but i'm in the south and my 16 y.o. Cadillac is showing some cancer spots on the rear fenders. I don't expect it to last more than a few more years before other systems fail and become more costly than the car's value.

That said, if your engine is an oil burner or is otherwise known to be sensitive to oil issues (like my Cadillac 3.6), it is worth adjusting the OCI to avoid costly engine repairs. After all, as the OP mentioned, extending the OCI often only saves about $32/year.

I know that oil color doesn't matter, and bla bla bla. But I don't care, I'm not Even old and from the 80s and stuck in my ways, I'm relatively young and grew up with modern engine oils. I still don't care, I'll never go over 4k on my 2uzfes oil (I'm aware the 2uz and go 10k mile oci's..). My oil is perfectly clean till about 2k miles then it starts oxidation, 3500 is when I usually do it. It feels good always having perfectly clean engine oil in my truck that I plan on keeping for the next 20 years. It's a 2001 and I plan to have it in 2040. I change all the fluids all the time because I want to and it gives me something to do. Yall can do your 8k mile oil changes all you want to save 32 bucks a year
You could just use supertech or havoline coventional or whatever budget conventional for such short ocis.
Ya know to help offset the cost of more frequent oil changes. Your truck would last just as long as if you used Mobil 1 or what have ya for such short ocis m, I’d imagine.

You could just use supertech or havoline coventional or whatever budget conventional for such short ocis.
Ya know to help offset the cost of more frequent oil changes. Your truck would last just as long as if you used Mobil 1 or what have ya for such short ocis m, I’d imagine.
Can't find dyno and super tech syn is like a dollar more than the blend. I just pay for quaker state full syn. It's only 21 bucks lol. I waste oil I don't care I want my with only the most reasonably clean oil always

Can't find dyno and super tech syn is like a dollar more than the blend. I just pay for quaker state full syn. It's only 21 bucks lol. I waste oil I don't care I want my with only the most reasonably clean oil always
What ever floats your boat

No matter what I change my oil just before and after winter tempatures start up north by me. Regardless of mileage. The week before Temps drop to below 40 degrees f I change it.. and right after winter to get that cold stsrt warm up idling oil out asap. If I gave 3k miles on my oil and I'm planning a roadtrip of more than 6 hours one way I change it. I want perfectly new oil in the engine for 75 mph-80mph 8 hour drives because my v8 dohc toyota turns at 2400-2600 rpms constantly. I'm sure it sounds cringe but that's just how I feel

We've got 5 pages of answers and discussion on what is a very simple question. As a community I believe we've covered it thoroughly.

I make a motion to close this thread.

We've got 5 pages of answers and discussion on what is a very simple question. As a community I believe we've covered it thoroughly.

I make a motion to close this thread.
Why don’t you just motion your fingers over to your keyboard and follow another thread? So much more simple.

Back