Should i be worried about the supertech oil filter on my car?

Nothing wrong with your filter. Btw I stopped using Toyota brand filters because they caused the timing chain to rattle when I start the car. The fram,super tech, Baldwin etc don't let it rattle. I took a Toyota filter off after it sat all night and it was completely empty .

The fram many people hate stated full.
Not really agreeing that any oil filter is going to "cause" timing chain rattle when you start up. Very doubtful, and even more unlikely on a manufacturer-branded OEM filter.

Not really agreeing that any oil filter is going to "cause" timing chain rattle when you start up. Very doubtful, and even more unlikely on a manufacturer-branded OEM filter.
The timing chain tensioner depends on oil pressure to push it against the chain. The few seconds it takes to fill the filter allow the chain to slap around.

A little bit of slop at the tensioner makes for a lot of slop in a 6 ft long chain.

I think we should all overanalyze this situation and make a bunch of suggestions for the sake of suggestions like we do on every other thread. Like this one I'm currently typing out.

;)

I prefer a better filter in the overall scheme of things - but according to most many on here lately all filters are junk and unless you have last years run of A, B, C , or D filters then it's the end of the world as we all know it. All filter brands have a failure once in a while. Surprisingly, most of them don't cause spontaneous exploding engines.

It'll be aight till the next change.

I've used SuperTech filters on my Honda Odysseys. I never had any issues.
All the Walmart store brands are surprisingly good quality across the board.

Was gonna get the 1$ quaker state oil filters but menards didn't have them in stock for My car

Thank you. Well in my book that’s a positive feature. We’ve never seen fiber and caps come loose like metal ones.

Do the more expensive ones also have the same construction?
That looks like my AC Delco PF63e’s made by Champ … I run them 5k to 7k and they look like the one on the left
IMG_5547.jpeg

I wanted to do the cheapest possible oil change as the previous oil looked neglected on my new purchase 94 ls400. I put on a st36104 (I think that's the number) on it. It's a supertech basic oil filter. I've been worrying about recently and am worrying so much I'm wanting to change it asap to a toyota oem denso. Are my worries illogical? I plan to run a 2k-3k oci on it... please reassure or tell me what's up. Thanks
The Supertechs are a superb oil filter perfectly matched for a 3k-5k oci. An excellent value too. Use it with confidence and without worry.

Older ones with the non-high pressure oil pumps. All the older LS engines, actually, like the 6.0 Express in my sig (mine has an AC Delco UPF48R currently).
Thanks. It's for My dad's 2013 silverado 5.3L.. I go to ac delcos website and they say it's a pf48, sound about right? That's exactly why I asked on this forum, because I didn't know there was a "non high and high pressure oil pump" knew I'd learn something new. What is considered older as far as the oil pump pressures go?

Supertech's are a really good value/bargain filter, better than fram orange can. I stocked up with the Champion XL's for my fleet.
depends which tier of supertech.

I've noticed the white supertechs that aren't e-core are basically fram clones, which is fine because they are cheaper then an extraguard but basically the same filter

Thanks. It's for My dad's 2013 silverado 5.3L.. I go to ac delcos website and they say it's a pf48, sound about right? That's exactly why I asked on this forum, because I didn't know there was a "non high and high pressure oil pump" knew I'd learn something new. What is considered older as far as the oil pump pressures go?
In Fram - even my 2010 5.3L called for the shorter XG10060 but would spin up an XG10575 - my 2017, 2018, and 2022 5.3’s = XG10575/PF63E (currently using UPF63R) …

Back