Michelin tires wore out rapidly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Compared to the popular Michelin LTX M/S2 it replaces, the new Defender LTX M/S tires share the same highly functional tread pattern, and offer improvements in wear life/longevity to better meet the high-torque demands of modern trucks. Defender LTX M/S is designed to be stronger, longer.

Yes, you read it right. The LTX M/S2 is the predecessor to the LTX M/S. So much for naming conventions.

OP, are you running the older version M/S2? It appears Michelin changed the composition of the compounds to make the newer version last longer. Curious as to which ones you are running.

^^^

The Defender that the OP is running, is the passenger car tire. Not the Defender LTX M/S intended for trucks and SUV's.

My bad. I'm going to get those for my truck at some point. I did not know Michelin used the same name for both a highway all season tire and a standard touring all season. Now I do.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: IndyIan
Continental CrossContact LX20 EcoPlus is a truck tire with good on road performance and you've got 4wd for the grass. Or the Continental TerrainContact A/T rates the same for on road traction, but will do better in the grass.
I would be tempted to try the TerrainContact's year round actually if they made CRV sizes.

I hate using 4WD, darn system binds too much when at full steering lock. Use it when I have to.

Everything's a compromise. My last set for my truck I decided to compromise road manners a bit for off road manners; previous set I choose opposite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back