Mercedes crashes into a wall at 300kph

This algorithm can't be right. There would be a lot more parts flying up and sideways, also the rear end would likely lift up rather than pancaking straight into the wall like that. Not that it would make any difference to the passengers.

If you see the video I posted of a real crash test, they lift up and parts fly even at very mundane speeds

Is it CGI? I thought it was real crash testing. How can you tell? Had I known it was CGI, I might not have posted it.
It’s from the simulation game, BeamNG.Drive

It’s the most accurate consumer-available vehicle simulator when it comes to crash-physics
I guess everyone who thought it was real, the game did it’s job then haha

First off, who would stand 15 ft from a car that's about to hit a wall at 300 kph? And what insurance would be ok with that?
Or who’d pay for that many very expensive cars doing tests at illegal speeds … Not Darwin …

Or who’d pay for that many very expensive cars doing tests at illegal speeds … Not Darwin …
That was a clue - even used, the Maybach they were crashing is a $100K car - and nobody is crashing a few dozen of those. Not even government agencies. The lack of damage to the wall was a clue. The lack of detail in the crashed car. It goes on and on. My favorite fake detail - the exhaust pipe stays intact and projects several feet from the car after the 200 km/hr crash...like it never even hit the wall.

Is it CGI? I thought it was real crash testing. How can you tell? Had I known it was CGI, I might not have posted it.
The description says it's a game. But also you can tell because of how wierd and bland the environment looks.

That was a clue - even used, the Maybach they were crashing is a $100K car - and nobody is crashing a few dozen of those. Not even government agencies. The lack of damage to the wall was a clue. The lack of detail in the crashed car. It goes on and on. My favorite fake detail - the exhaust pipe stays intact and projects several feet from the car after the 200 km/hr crash...like it never even hit the wall.
The flames at the end are a pretty good clue too

D0604CF1-6C30-4117-BE38-32B67FE9B3B7.jpeg

Brutal. Beyond 100kph I'd prefer to be up front just so it ends quickly and I don't hate my existence. Most drivers really don't understand how dangerous it is to drive on public roads, just because we do it most every day and usually nothing happens. But even if we did understand the danger, our behavior would probably not change. Humans suck.

Last edited:
Totally unrealistic! Not one of those dummies had a seatbelt on. Further every mercedes I've ever owned has the PRE-SAFE features as standard. The seatbelts measure you when you put them on, and tighten up to that point or beyond when an accident is about to occur. The headrests also move forward to protect against whiplash. The radio also cuts off and produces a pre-crash sound in order to protect your ears. In fact, I don't even see air bags being deployed here. Total nonsense.
Yes no airbags

Even if you are not compressed into a mush in the car, decelerating to zero from that speed is going to turn your insides into a soup.
In a perfect scenario, like laying on your back on the floor in a freefalling elevator. The human body can survive quite a high g load, like 50g, so if the crash structure deforms "evenly" a person can survive a 60mph to 0 deceleration with only 2 feet of movement.

The original posted video is a computer generated "cartoon". I rather see it with the real hardware, a cartoon can't show what really is going to happen. I suppose that is how the manufacture does its testing on many things, and that is also why many things made now are un proven junk.

Back