Mercedes crashes into a wall at 300kph

Totally unrealistic! Not one of those dummies had a seatbelt on. Further every mercedes I've ever owned has the PRE-SAFE features as standard. The seatbelts measure you when you put them on, and tighten up to that point or beyond when an accident is about to occur. The headrests also move forward to protect against whiplash. The radio also cuts off and produces a pre-crash sound in order to protect your ears. In fact, I don't even see air bags being deployed here. Total nonsense.

I wonder why the airbags didn’t go off. It is computer generated, but still was terrifying.

Here’s what my car looks like in a real crash test. Test at 40mph. I can only imagine what a crash at 75mph would look like. 😳

Airbags is irrelevant at certain higher speeds because your organs turn to mush as they slam against interior body cavity wall. Not to mention various punctures from broken bones.

IIRC these videos are modeled off actual data and extrapolated for higher speeds. From some real life accident photos I've seen years ago I'd say it's fairly accurate. I remember seeing a photo of a 911 which drove at highway speeds into a barrier at a toll booth. The font of the car along with the driver was pancaked into the engine.

Back