What happened to driving with common sense

There is a "T" intersection near me. At least once a month someone would blow through it and end up in a field after smacking a curb.

Then someone built a house right where cars crash. Before they were finished a car ran into the new construction.

Now the house is built and they put up a wall. Maybe it slowed the dummy driver down enough as to not end up in their living room?

You can see they patched the destroyed wall with blankets for now.
IMG_20230330_111629804.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe they thought they were in Orange County, where blowing through red lights is a common occurence, as they think if they drove fast enough they can beat the yellow light transition

Property there can't be especially cheap? I mean who wants to live next to a noisy intersection where there's lots of wrecks and exhaust pollution?

Somebody needs some Hood Paint. :)

Maybe it's just the age of the drivers. I was a lot more wreckless back in the day, though never blew through something like that and ended up in a living room. We didn't have cellphones back then.

Property there can't be especially cheap? I mean who wants to live next to a noisy intersection where there's lots of wrecks and exhaust pollution?

I don't know if you mean graffiti but I'd love to see a colorful "don't crash into me" spraypainted across that wall.

Maybe it's just the age of the drivers. I was a lot more wreckless back in the day, though never blew through something like that and ended up in a living room. We didn't have cellphones back then.
I knew someone would mention that. The paint was beautiful then one day it started coming off in sheets.

There is a "T" intersection near me. At least once a month someone would blow through it and end up in a field after smacking a curb.

Then someone built a house right where cars crash. Before they were finished a car ran into the new construction.

Now the house is built and they put up a wall. Maybe it slowed the dummy driver down enough as to not end up in their living room?

You can see they patched the destroyed wall with blankets for now.
A haunted intersection.

Sometimes the traffic authority in charge will add signage or caution bumps in the roads where stops are frequently blown through like that.

A highly reflective ↔️ should be added.

This is a gas station in Cayce SC. There is a Y in the road people keep missing and crash into their gas station. They have installed an old limo for a barricade. In fact, they have done many over the years - once they get too beat up, they drag it out and install a new one. Been going on quite a while.

62cc93781bebd.image.jpg

Why, not like roundabouts are difficult to navigate or anything and they are far more efficient as they keep traffic moving unlike 4 ways and traffic lights.
Much prefer the roundabout over typical intersection, but I can see why someone would get annoyed for having to slow down at every intersection rather than blow through them when they're GREEN

Back