What happened to driving with common sense

Picked up a good friend of mine for lunch the other day. He commented that he hadn’t driven for weeks, his wife gets behind the wheel instead. He said too many terrible aggressive drivers on the road. His wife is calm and shrugs it off, whereas his day is ruined by lousy drivers.
He prefers to walk everywhere.

I always go the speed limit (not 1 MPH more), and I stop for all stop signs and yellow/red lights.
Also, I find driving so much more relaxing that way. I like to drive in the right lane, going the speed limit, with a lot of distance between me and the car ahead of me. Another benefit is there is 0 chance any police will ever pull me over and give me a ticket.
My wife jokes that I drive like a grandpa, but hey, safety first. I have never had an accident. I've had my full drivers license for exactly 40 years.

Nothing has happened with common sense. People are just as stupid as they always have been. There's just 100+ million more people here in the U.S. compared to back in the day so it just appears more.

I always go the speed limit (not 1 MPH more), and I stop for all stop signs and yellow/red lights.
Also, I find driving so much more relaxing that way. I like to drive in the right lane, going the speed limit, with a lot of distance between me and the car ahead of me. Another benefit is there is 0 chance any police will ever pull me over and give me a ticket.
My wife jokes that I drive like a grandpa, but hey, safety first. I have never had an accident. I've had my full drivers license for exactly 40 years.
Pretty much how I drive as well, and also get the Grandpa jokes. I drove a lot faster (on the highway) in my youth, but slowed down to the speed limit when our first kid was born. I’ve never caused an accident in 43 years of driving. Hope I never do.
Was tee boned though by someone who ran a stop sign, totalled both cars.

round abouts are amazing in the city or other high traffic areas and retarded on low traffic roads were it's just a t intersection and one of the roads is dirt. there's like 1 round about in the city and 5 or 6 on 2 lane highways where I live. the round abouts on 2lane highways don't have any roads connected to them so they're just there to slow you down.

Back