Maxlife Full Syn vs. Mobil 1 HM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Oil Changer
...I don't see you proving ML is any better.

Neither do I, because I've never actually claimed either was better. I only jokingly posted a Valvoline Maxlife Syn advert claiming they had a 40% better wear film than Mobil 1 HM. How they test for that I have no idea. In certain situations, one may be more ideally suited than the other...

Quote:
You use M1. Why? Because you believe it to be better. The OP started a thread, ML vs. M1. Why not ML vs. BP? Why not ML vs. SOPUS? Because M1 is the top dog everyone wants to compare others to. So even the OP knows deep down that M1 is the better product.

My! pity the supernatural thread was deleted because you seem to have a unique ability to read minds! I bought AFE because it was going to be a cold winter and there was a nifty $12 rebate. And whether M1 is a better product or not, MaxLife certainly isn't "trash". I've read some here state that MaxLife controlled leaks better than Mobil 1, I dunno.

Quote:
XOM is a global financial powerhouse. They have a dedicated R&D facility! They test with OEM's. How many vehicles are factory filled with Valvoline? XOM can throw more money into R&D per day than Ashland could in a year.

Then why have they "cheapened" the product line by using less PAO in it? Does that mean Mobil 1 is better than Redline or Amsoil, too?

Quote:
Ashland is a refiner. I said this already as well as another member. They buy cheap hand-me-downs and try and copy formulations, most likely XOM and SOPUS. There's no way Ashland can modify a formula and get it to market as quick as XOM.

They use the exact some base stocks purchased from the major suppliers. I have no idea who the primarily use now, but they have purchased PAO from Exxon-Mobil in the past...

Quote:
You know as well as I that the only one's that know what goes into a mix is the formulators and that's a closely guarded secret. Nobody on BITOG is ever going to know but common sense has to prevail. You talk about quality of posts and ad hominem attacks, dang brother, look in the mirror.

ML is cheap. M1 is the better oil.

They're actually about the same prices...

Quote:
...I don't see you proving ML is any better. You use M1. Why? Because you believe it to be better.

I'VE NEVER SET OUT TOO PROVE IT WAS BETTER! I don't care if their is a slight margin of superiority in either oil, I'll buy either on rebate all month long...

Quote:

The OP started a thread, ML vs. M1. Why not ML vs. BP? Why not ML vs. SOPUS? Because M1 is the top dog everyone wants to compare others to. So even the OP knows deep down that M1 is the better product.

XOM is a global financial powerhouse. They have a dedicated R&D facility! They test with OEM's. How many vehicles are factory filled with Valvoline? XOM can throw more money into R&D per day than Ashland could in a year.

Ashland is a refiner. I said this already as well as another member. They buy cheap hand-me-downs and try and copy formulations, most likely XOM and SOPUS. There's no way Ashland can modify a formula and get it to market as quick as XOM.

ML is cheap. M1 is the better oil.

Who cares? MaxLife and Valvoline product is not "trash" and your analysis sucks as very often some of the best service providers are not the biggest corporations; but the ones that fill niches with quality, service, and experience. So, feel free to prove how E-M being a powerhouse automatically guarantees a better product. Because I can cite news sources here that have shown that Mobil's "Top Tier" gasoline was inferior in detergent quality to some smaller retail fuel station brands. I think there are two separate ones on fact that show Mobil stations not even meeting the Top Tier criteria. But I do think Mobil 1 is an excellent product, I also think Valvoline MaxLife Syn also is an excellent product! The only "trash" oils are the ones PQIA has taken off the shelves on New Jersey [censored] gas stations...

Originally Posted By: Garak
Guys, we should be kind. Oil Changer has an admitted bias against Valvoline. I don't agree with his position, but he's not trolling - it's his legitimate opinion. When he had his bias laid out in the open on his signature, he caught grief for that, too.

I disagree with him, but I haven't walked a mile in his shoes, either, and I know full well he is not trolling. Call him biased all you want, tell him you disagree. But, that's not trolling.

I've had spectacular success with MaxLife 5w-30 when I used it in my F-150. Oil Changer had a spectacular failure when he used their ATF. Was my success due to MaxLife or due to frequent oil changes on a neglected engine? Was Oil Changer's failure due to Max Life, a procedural error, or simply bad luck? I guess we'll never know. But I'll say MaxLife is a great product, and he will say the opposite. Such is life.

Agreed.

I don't always agree with many here however I value their input if nothing more than just seeing things from a different point of view.

In his defence he had a problem with Ashland and they denied any liability which if I were in his shoes I too would post exactly as he is posting.
He's not trolling,so to even imply that downplays his experience with the product and company and that isn't right.
Right or wrong he's entitled to his opinion,as we all are here. Jumping all over him as is happening here isn't right.
If his posts bother you put him on ignore and be done with it. Otherwise leave it be.

Originally Posted By: Clevy
Originally Posted By: Garak
Guys, we should be kind. Oil Changer has an admitted bias against Valvoline. I don't agree with his position, but he's not trolling - it's his legitimate opinion. When he had his bias laid out in the open on his signature, he caught grief for that, too.

I disagree with him, but I haven't walked a mile in his shoes, either, and I know full well he is not trolling. Call him biased all you want, tell him you disagree. But, that's not trolling.

I've had spectacular success with MaxLife 5w-30 when I used it in my F-150. Oil Changer had a spectacular failure when he used their ATF. Was my success due to MaxLife or due to frequent oil changes on a neglected engine? Was Oil Changer's failure due to Max Life, a procedural error, or simply bad luck? I guess we'll never know. But I'll say MaxLife is a great product, and he will say the opposite. Such is life.

Agreed.

I don't always agree with many here however I value their input if nothing more than just seeing things from a different point of view.

In his defence he had a problem with Ashland and they denied any liability which if I were in his shoes I too would post exactly as he is posting.
He's not trolling,so to even imply that downplays his experience with the product and company and that isn't right.
Right or wrong he's entitled to his opinion,as we all are here. Jumping all over him as is happening here isn't right.
If his posts bother you put him on ignore and be done with it. Otherwise leave it be.

×2

Originally Posted By: BillyTheKid
ML will slow or stop leaks better. Both will work fine as an oil. I've used both many times and those are what my facts I've found, real life for me. I thought using HM oil was for slowing leaks anyway, and the main reason to use?

This was my experience as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back