Manual Transmission Sales Are Up Again This Year

I did get an HST tractor, but most/all of the decent old tractors in the 30-40-50 year range are manual with little or no automatic shifting gimmicks.
It is a bit odd to think about, but $2-3-4-500k big field equipment now is more disposable than old stuff due to its complexity and cost of repairs. The transmissions are a small part of it, or big, if one fails!

In the car world, a simple car with a 5-6 spd manual can be rewarding and challenging to drive, and can last a long long time. Makes a low hp, low weight car more fun. Only very recently have automatics performed better in enthusiast cars in the $40-50k range, and still if you want a dead reliable track toy, probably the manual version is the one to get, as many sports/sporty cars still overheat their automatics in lapping sessions.
I thought I was making the right choice getting the HST on my Kubota, but hadn't ever really used a tractor with a manual, then I got the chance to use essentially my same tractor with a Manual and it 100% confirmed HST was the right choice for what I do... Front end loader work is much easier and I really like the tractor stopping when I let off the 'go' pedal.

I'm not "making them up" to be anything. This stuff is all over the place. All you have to do is look it up, or punch it into You Tube. Kimmel and Jay Leno have been doing this kind of stuff for years. While it might seem so, they're not staging this, or making it up. These kids are honestly that stupid.

These idiots don't know the simplest of questions. They can't name 3 countries on a world map. They don't know who won the Civil War. They have no idea who we fought in WW 2. And as I said, a large portion of them can't tell time on a clock face...... But they can name every Kardashian girl.

I wouldn't have made it out of the 5th grade not knowing what the bulk of these high school kids are at a total loss for today. And it's getting worse every year. It's no wonder why these kids are still living at home until they're 27 years old.

"The average age when people move out of their parent's home is somewhere between 24 and 27".
Wasn’t it the “smart” generations of prior that made a Nazi the head of the space program and then gave him a hero parade? And to this day you guys celebrate him as an American hero, talk about ignorance🙄

I have a 15YO and a 16YO, I'm going to have to teach them how to drive stick with our 2013 GT500...because it is the only stick in the entire extended family (probably 20 vehicles).

Wasn’t it the “smart” generations of prior that made a Nazi the head of the space program and then gave him a hero parade? And to this day you guys celebrate him as an American hero, talk about ignorance🙄
That's your comeback, as to how today's generation of young adults don't know enough to graduate the 5th grade? Seriously?

Does Chevy still offer a manual? Apart from the civic SI the rest of those manufacturers only make sports cars with manuals, if I'm thinking correctly really only 1 available from each manufacturer too. Not exactly a smorgasbord.
Chevy Camaro only. Nissan Versa not exactly a sports car. Same with VW Golf and Jetta

I think I'm pretty fond of manual transmissions as I have 3 vehicles with them one of which is my DD, but if I had to commute in ATL traffic every day I'd drive an auto.. haha. Thankfully I do not. My Ram is the first Auto I've ever had that I truly don't think I could do much better if I was shifting myself. My Mazda would be boring without it and the 5spd is the only reason I bought it.
I was thinking about it years ago heading into Manhattan at the Lincoln Tunnel during rush hour…this stinks, but how is an auto any better 😂

Easy to say for a 1-person household or the vehicle which has been relegated to commuter/weekend car status by the family. I ran into this problem early on when I got married. My wife didn't drive a manual and refused to learn.
That was part of my engagement material test. I let my wife drive my Maxima and if she rode the clutch she’d be out. To my delight she didn’t and I mentioned it. She said yeah my dad told me not to ride the clutch, it put’s unnecessary wear on it.

We were a 2 manual family until 2011, when we added an auto and 2016, another auto. I junked the Maxima this year so now 2 autos 1 manual.

In retrospect my test was stupid and I shoulda stayed single 😆

That's your comeback, as to how today's generation of young adults don't know enough to graduate the 5th grade? Seriously?

Have you been huffing more asbestos? Not like I'm seeing any old people drive manuals more than younger folks anyways.

Yes, it seems you don’t know how video editing works and these “street interviews” in general. Your ignorance is shining, like in my Natzi example.
Editing doesn't change what these people don't know. Or what you don't, for that matter. It's Nazi, not "Natzi". Perhaps you should try Hooked On Phonics.

Editing doesn't change what these people don't know. Or what you don't, for that matter. It's Nazi, not "Natzi". Perhaps you should try Hooked On Phonics.
Again your ignorance is showing. How do you know these people aren’t in on the gig?
If they aren’t on the gig, how do you know how many people the crew interviewed before finding the stupid one?

And you assume that all young people are like that, based on some YouTube videos? And you think you’re smart? Please, bask in your ignorance, sheesh 🙄

How do you know these people aren’t in on the gig?
How do you know they are? And since when did being completely clueless become a "gig"? And if it is, there are a hell of a lot of people competing for the job.

And if it's such a hilarious set up, where were these videos 40 or 50 years ago?... You know, back when we were walking on the Moon because of Nazi's.

CAFE has something to with the demise of the manual gearbox
the internet and the smartphone have something else to do with the demise
general lack of interest in vehicles also has something to do with the demise
as well as the general ease of use and advantages a modern automatic transmission has
over the older manual gearbox
throw in manufacturing costs of a low volume unit, and that manual tranny is becoming the Dodo bird.

https://jalopnik.com/manual-transmission-sales-are-up-again-this-year-marke-1850871128#:~:text=Cars with manual transmissions are,to 1.7 percent in 2023.

I only have manual transmission vehicles.
The Honda is 6 speed and in the past several months, I've seen less than a handfull come available (as soon as they are available, they are gone).
Which mainstream new cars as of right now have available manual transmissions (in US or Canada)?

Honda Civic
Hyundai Accent/Venue/Veloster
Nissan Versa
Nissan 400Z
VW Jetta
Mini Cooper
Mazda MX-5 Miata
Toyota Tacoma
Toyota Corolla GR
Toyota 86
Chevy Camaro
Ford Mustang
Subaru BRZ

Any others?

Which mainstream new cars as of right now have available manual transmissions (in US or Canada)?

Honda Civic
Hyundai Accent/Venue/Veloster
Nissan Versa
Nissan 400Z
VW Jetta
Mini Cooper
Mazda MX-5 Miata
Toyota Tacoma
Toyota Corolla GR
Toyota 86
Chevy Camaro
Ford Mustang
Subaru BRZ

Any others?
BMW 2 series. Not sure about 3 series. M3/4 do come with manual.
But, yesterdays big shift back in Euro emissions might give manual life extension. Right now BMW projects 2030 for manuals to die, but that is based on Euro7 emission norms which were canceled yesterday.

Back