Any reason Honda would deny warranty coverage on this 2019 Civic R transmission?

Talked to Honda customer service and they said the warranty was voided because the title was previously branded as not actual miles. I told the CSR that it was because of a clerical error when the car was in for service by the last owner, and the service writer wrote down the wrong mileage. DMV has since issued a unbranded title to correct this.

Now I have to somehow get the Indiana BMV to send Honda a letter explaining all this. What fun. #1 takeaway from this is always make sure you see the correct miles listed on all paperwork when getting your car serviced, especially if under warranty.

How do you know this ? How do you prove this ? Not doubting this but it could be hard to resolve.
I posted about this 2 months ago,

The Indiana BMW corrected the title and issued a new unbranded title to Honda Finance which they sent to me. Carfax and Autocheck also removed the discrepancy from their reports.

I posted about this 2 months ago,

The Indiana BMW corrected the title and issued a new unbranded title to Honda Finance which they sent to me. Carfax and Autocheck also removed the discrepancy from their reports.
My hats off to you sir, my short temper could never
Keep us updated if/when they actually cover the (reinstated?) Warranty

Yes, it has been going on forever. I fixed a Civic once with a fluid change, I put in the GM Synchromesh fluid and the problem went away. Someone here suggested that and it worked!
Apparently this was a recommended fix directly from Honda corporate that they passed on to their dealers (using GM Synchromesh).

Isn't that how warranty's work? Lots of fine print, and excuse after excuse how it can be denied.
I my opinion I wouldn't trust a mad tech that knows he or she will make nothing on a warranty job, working on my car or what ever it is.

Hope you're able to resolve everything OP. It'll certainly be a killer car to own once you get everything done.

Back