LG appliances & repairs

Basically they believe all American cars are junk. Toyota is always the best. Etc. They just named bmw as the 3 Rd most reliable car maker behind Toyota and Lexus. Don't believe a word they print.

I totally respect your point and mostly agree with you.

The one problem I myself am guilty of, is that maybe we should look at buying American brands or at least appliances made in America before we buy a South Korean appliance made in Mexico or offshore.

LG front loader washer and dryer for 9 years for 3 people and work cloths. Front loader wash need the door left open any time it is not running. And cleaning the washer tub with large dose of OXY Clean powder, pre mixed in an hot bucket and ran on quick wash. Only issue for all those years was a dryer tube cracked at the spot wielded seams. I installed a new tube and belt at around 7 years. Came into some money so I wanted to upgrade before anything happed. Sold both for $400 and bought a new set Of LG front loaders.

Also I was getting unbalanced load hits the first 2 months and those stopped once the springs broke it. There is a fix on the internet that fixes the issue by adding pvc pipe spacers to increase the spring rate and fixes it for $8. Never had to get there, but will do if needed.

Have an LG washer that constantly went “Uneven load” regardless of the size of the load. After just about setting a torch to it, I found out that they had an updated circuit board that had a better uneven load setting. $105 later and some time taking it apart and installing the new board, I’d say it’s been 70% better. Not sure I would buy another.
What year are your units that needed the new board?

Going on 13 years with our LG front load HE washer and dryer. No issues other than cleaning the rubber seal and the filter and we do 3-4 loads per week. When not in use, the door is left open to air dry. I'd buy LG washer/dryer again.
Our Bosch dishwasher is 15 years old and finally something broke last week. After some searching, lit ooked like faulty inlet water valve so non-OEM part was ordered for $40 off Amazon (in case it was not the valve, then only $40 wasted). Five minutes later, it's working again like new. I would not buy any other brand dishwasher than Bosch.

Bought an LG WM2250C washer and DLG2251 dryer when we purchased our current home in 2013. There were both recommended by Consumer Reports and, being the cheapest units LG made, also their "Best Buy" pick.

They've been solid for 9 years. If I'm really being picky, the drain pump on the washer is sometimes noisy. It's been like that for at least two years though, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ugh, to each his own. I have to believe that before forums/social media, experiences such as these were just as common, just never beaten to death as they are now.

40 + years in appliance parts business. LG & Samsung appliances parts difficult to get. Don’t use parts distributors like other brands, Whirlpool,GE, Electrolux. Lack service network. Most independent repair men don’t work on them due to lack of training & parts availability.
I buy Whirlpool built, which includes Kitchen Aid, Maytag, Amana, Jenn Air, Roper. Parts distributor in most cities, Even Amazon & Walmart.com. And factory trained service network nationwide.

Chris, this is a forum. It is a meeting of differing opinions on a topic. We are NOT meant to agree. Simply a meeting place where differing opinions and occasionally sage advice is shared. Nothing more.
They are supposed to be non partisan. They are about as non partisan as "The View" TV show or CNN. They only tell one side of the story.

I have two LG air conditioners. Ones about a year and a half old now. Love it. The other broke twice since I owned it and was repaired under warranty. Luckily no issues since. Used to love LG phones but not any more of course. Dealing with the customer service was rough at times. Everyone I spoke to was hard to understand.

Generally speaking, unless it's laundry I would pick another brand.
My wife had great luck with some higher end laundry machines from LG with ten to twelve years of reliability.

That being said, I think I have heard mostly disaster stories about LG's other appliances from many folks.

I think the LG machines are probably good machines and reliable. Until they break. A guy on YouTube from Designers Choice (I think) in NJ that sells appliances had good things about LG but also said their service is disorganized.

Our LG FLs are about 5 years old and do about 7 loads a week; no issues. Leave the door/drawer open and run a cleaning cycle once a month (machine will signal "tcL" when due) and you should be okay. Use HOT water whenever possible and don't go nuts with soap and softeners to avoid scum/mildew buildup.

I see some comments about supporting US made products. FWIW, my LG washer was made in the USA in Tennessee.

LG opened a large factory there circa 2019.

Whirlpool, GE and Frigidaire have an extensive parts and service network, they're easy to buy parts and get service info for. LG and Samsung are really struggling in that area.
This is a key factor. I have a co-worker with an LG fridge that shot craps a few weeks ago. Last I heard they were still trying to find a tech.
Known issue with their fridge. Compressors fail as there was a change for updated refrigerant and the compressors fail.

He just wants a replacement, but has to wait until they try to fix it AGAIN before they will do so and haven't found him a tech in two weeks.
Given the current supply chain and labor issues, that may be a more wide spread issue. But I've not been impressed with their customer support.
Fortunately, the beer fridge in the garage has been pressed into food service, or he would really be hurting.

I think the LG machines are probably good machines and reliable. Until they break. A guy on YouTube from Designers Choice (I think) in NJ that sells appliances had good things about LG but also said their service is disorganized.

Why start the thread if you already had your mind made up?

Back