LG appliances & repairs

Looking to buy some LG black Friday appliances probably at Home Depot. Has anyone had good or bad experiences with getting LG appliances serviced?

They are highly rated by Consumer Reports including reliability. I am a fan of Consumer Reports and support them.

Had an LG side by side with bottom freezer. Lasted about 5 years before the compressor went out.

Replaced with a Bosch.

LG front load washer I have is about 10yo now and still going.

I would find the model number of the one you’re interested in and do a search for it on YouTube. (You’ll be surprised by how many people record their washing machines) Then you can see how it performs, repair videos and reliability opinions. I personally would stay away from LG and Samsung appliances. I’ve had very good luck with Whirlpool made appliances but they make some duds too.

I've had good luck with our front load LG washer and dryer. Going on 9 years now and no issues.
I thought I had a problem at one time with water slowly seeping into the drum when not being used. I called a local guy to set up a repair, but the issue corrected itself. Nothing like self healing appliances! :giggle:

todays appliances ARE a crap shoot BUT the KISS keep it simple stupid applies!! girlfriends gently used front load whirlpool gave up in only 5 years, one load a week usually, $500 for a control module!! replaced with a simpler whirlpool for LESS than the PART!! my older than her whirlpool is hangin in ours were both belt drive a plus, good luck!!

I tend to agree. The LG rabbit hole washer, the “sensing” the “load balancing” and all the useless features resulted in a long, unsatisfactory experience. My no frills Whirlpool delivers an adjustable wash cycle that’s done in minutes without the annoying lid lock. Forget LG(Life’s good) stick with LM(Less is more)

Looking to buy some LG black Friday appliances probably at Home Depot. Has anyone had good or bad experiences with getting LG appliances serviced?

They are highly rated by Consumer Reports including reliability. I am a fan of Consumer Reports and support them.

I too am a fan and subscriber to Consumer Reports. I even go as far as giving my older sister a gift subscription.

However, I tend to find some of their recommendations unreliable. I have bought the same exact tires they rated highly which I didn't have the same experience and I used the exact Valspar and Sherwin Williams paints they gave high marks for which I thought sucked.

Why? They have been one sided since I was a child.

I have noticed that myself. It's a topic we cant discuss here.

Yeah, I have read CR the same as you. We will be purchasing a new washer, dryer and refrigerator.
The Washer and Dryer are looking like an LG but I wont at this point discount my favorite past brand Whirlpool yet the LGs seem to be good choices for washer and dryer. I have to still go over things more but no denying and almost shocking how LG is indisputable at the top of all the rankings.
I was always a Whirlpool person but last new ones were bought 16 years ago and completely trouble free to this day, however "chatter" says anything from 16 years ago is not built the same anymore and wow, they are WAY down on CR rankings

Yeah, I have read CR the same as you. We will be purchasing a new washer, dryer and refrigerator.
The Washer and Dryer are looking like an LG but I wont at this point discount my favorite past brand Whirlpool yet the LGs seem to be good choices for washer and dryer. I have to still go over things more but no denying and almost shocking how LG is indisputable at the top of all the rankings.
I was always a Whirlpool person but last new ones were bought 16 years ago and completely trouble free to this day, however "chatter" says anything from 16 years ago is not built the same anymore and wow, they are WAY down on CR rankings

Guys have a real problem believing companies can learn from their mistakes and make improvements. The early days of Japanese cars were considered junk but that was over 50 years ago.

Have an LG washer that constantly went “Uneven load” regardless of the size of the load. After just about setting a torch to it, I found out that they had an updated circuit board that had a better uneven load setting. $105 later and some time taking it apart and installing the new board, I’d say it’s been 70% better. Not sure I would buy another.

Family members have had LG Washer and dryer going on 9+ years, zero issues. We switched to LG on our dryer and washer a year and half ago, been very happy so far. No problems or issues for us (top load high efficiency and a gas dryer)

Back