Lets see the cars!!!!

First wash since the fall:

1000003519.jpg

After owning it for 10 months, I've finally done some paint correction with my DA polisher on the Genesis. Polished with Meguiar's liquid polish and then waxed with Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax. Came out much better than I thought it would, it had lots of swirls before as it wasn't taken very good care of by the previous owner. The front bumper is trashed with rock chips too so I didn't spend much time on it at all. The wheels need a respray too. Oh well, good enough for a commuter.

Also washed and put some liquid wax on the aunt's '70 Beetle

430B9FB0-698F-4FA3-8416-D717A3E40424.jpeg
4B732694-BF6F-437F-A8EF-1EE7064B51B5.jpeg

9FC001A2-5B07-4694-8FB6-295E024D29C3.jpeg

After owning it for 10 months, I've finally done some paint correction with my DA polisher on the Genesis. Polished with Meguiar's liquid polish and then waxed with Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax. Came out much better than I thought it would, it had lots of swirls before as it wasn't taken very good care of by the previous owner. The front bumper is trashed with rock chips too so I didn't spend much time on it at all. The wheels need a respray too. Oh well, good enough for a commuter.

Also washed and put some liquid wax on the aunt's '70 Beetle

View attachment 210047View attachment 210048
View attachment 210049
I didn't know @AutoMechanic was your aunt ... lol

Forgot to post, but finally gave the RL a paint correction session after 20 years of service. Weird seeing her this shiny again. Took me and my friends about 60 man hours for a 2 stage correction. Not perfect by any means, but it is a lot better than what it was. Now to preserve this until summertime! RLX will have its day this summer.
IMG_2024-03-24_18-1756.jpeg

What's the reason for the change? Asking because my parents are looking at both models as potential replacements for 2012 Highlander Hybrid.

too much of a family vehicle for me. i was expecting the Mazda experience to the max with this vehicle and what i got was anything but. i drove close to 5000 kilometers in 5 weeks. it was a GTP model with 340hp. the trim under the signature in Canada. it's neither that fast nor that agile. suspension is a tad too hard and is not compliant. transmission was a bit noisy at low speeds. doors are too light and sound like an economy vehicle when you close them. the only thing the CX 90 does better than a CX 5 signature is fuel economy and space. but i am certain Mazda will make the CX 90 better over the years. also has a hole in the powerband when you accelerate. your parents would be better served with another Toyota. for now.

Boxster S getting new shoes at my good friend's shop (Vredestein Sprint+), and I walk around the car to this. AAHHH!

Howdy has been a fixture at their shop for ~14 yrs typically hidden in a locker, corner of a dark room, peeking out of a ceiling tile and generally anywhere least expected to best creep someone out. Ventriloquist dolls are right up there w/ clowns for me.... Fun bunch of guys!

IMG_8108.jpg

Howdy has been a fixture at their shop for ~14 yrs typically hidden in a locker, corner of a dark room, peeking out of a ceiling tile and generally anywhere least expected to best creep someone out. Ventriloquist dolls are right up there w/ clowns for me.... Fun bunch of guys!
He could step it up with a Chucky doll, who actually looks like Howdy's long lost red headed Cuz. 😀

Back