Lost cost, spray-on rust prevention

CRC Corrosion Inhibitor. No greasy mess and you can still wash the underside of your vehicle without washing it off.

XdQDfmP.jpg
I like the look of this product. Looks like a good compromise between oil and wax type coatings.

I like Woolwax myself, black makes it look super nice and easy to see where applied. 1x/year is best. I bought their spray gun and it is messy but very easy.

For those that apply your own low cost undercoating/rust prevention spray, what do you use and how often do you use it? How has it worked out for you?

Just picked up a new Mazda CX-5 and cost-wise, I'm looking at Fluid Film from Amazon or Rust-Oleum Pro Grade Undercoating from Walmart. I was about to go with Fluid Film but then saw some reviews that said it actually attracts and holds dirt. I plan to run the car through a touchless car wash about once a week.

Thanks
As a Tacoma owner with the frame rust issue living in WI, I can tell you Fluid Film is a waste of time, in fact I tested it on bare metal in my yard it is was worse than just WD-40. It washes off in short order. I also tried Wool Wax, which works well but it's a huge mess. On my new Tacoma it got a full blasting of Cosmoline on the entire underbody.

I've had pretty good luck with bar and chain oil. I used to do bar and chain oil mixed with Kerosene but that seemed unnecessary ... my paint gun can do it no problem.

Back