Led headlights...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: SubLGT
You can buy American made LED headlamps , with legal beam patterns, from American companies like JW Speaker and Truck-Lite. But they won't be cheap.

What will all this extra money buy that won't be achieved with buying the LED's shown in the video? The whole argument about "glare" seems to be about a 50/50 mix of yeah/ney.

Even legal OEM LED and HID systems seem to throw off painful amounts of light. Sometimes I almost feel like I need sunglasses to drive in the dark.

Originally Posted By: DBMaster
Even legal OEM LED and HID systems seem to throw off painful amounts of light. Sometimes I almost feel like I need sunglasses to drive in the dark.

While that may seem true, the fact is it seems more and more new vehicles are going that route. I suspect that in a few short years, as LED technology, longevity, brightness, and cost all improve, most all filament type bulbs will be disappearing from automotive use. Just like they are in the aircraft manufacturing world. The new TBM 900 / 930 Models from Socata are equipped with nothing but 100% LED illumination, inside and out. Including the high intensity landing lights. So it won't be long before this will be the same scenario in the automotive world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back