Late 40's and I wanna ride!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Cujet
The advent of the cell phone has, in my opinion, added significantly to the risk of motorcycling.

I will have to disagree and say that I haven't noticed a big difference in risk. The seating position of my bike really puts me in a position to see into the surrounding cars and be able to watch what they are doing. I still think that cars "not seeing" motorcycles on the road and especially at intersections is the biggest risk we face on a daily basis.

The most common thing I see people doing while using a cell phone behind the wheel is not going at green lights. They start texting or doing whatever at a red light and never look up again until the car behind them honks. I see this almost every day, at close to half of the stop lights I pass. I have even seen cars stopped at lights with no other vehicles behind them, missing two or more light cycles before they look up and realize the light had changed a few times.

The most common car vs motorcycle accident I see and the one that I was almost in myself, is the cars "not seeing" the motorcycle at intersections and pulling out, taking a left in front the bike, causing the motorcycle to hit the front fender area of the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back