Kitchen Sink Gauge Thickness

Zee09

$200 Site Donor 2023
I have another sink I need to do. Stainless Steel single bowl. 33x22 inch.
Specific question?
What is the minimum gauge required not to get faucet flex when you use the faucet.
I hate the flex..
Drop in style.
My guess is 16 gauge is the minimum?
Maybe @walterjay
I have an option to 11ga but that's probably a huge @OVERKILL 😅

I don't remember the thickness. But I recommend Elkay or Kohler. Just not the cheapie. And yes sound deadening.

I'm glad this was mentioned.
I have found little to recommend a divided sink. We have one now and it never shows any benefit I can see.
Never have I washed veggies in it. We rest small trash receptacles (peelings, etc.) in it for twice daily removal.
We're doing our kitchen and didn't even consider a divided sink.

Again, no right or wrong answer. I just think it breaks up a usable dimension.

I just replaced my 1957 vintage stainless dual sink. I don't know how thick it was, but you couldn't dent it if you tried. I had a new deeper one installed and ran into the drain line problem of being too high. They used to use double sinks before dishwashers to wash in one and rinse in the other. I still prefer the double which I bought even having a dishwasher. The bottom of the new one is too flat to drain all of the water easily too.

I'm glad this was mentioned.
I have found little to recommend a divided sink. We have one now and it never shows any benefit I can see.
Never have I washed veggies in it. We rest small trash receptacles (peelings, etc.) in it for twice daily removal.
We're doing our kitchen and didn't even consider a divided sink.

Again, no right or wrong answer. I just think it breaks up a usable dimension.
I hate them...
Cookie sheet or crock pot and you have a mess. No more double sinks.

Oooh interesting question...my Elkay undermount is 18 gauge....back in 2004 I redid our kitchen with Corian (anyone remember that)
:ROFLMAO:

Anyway I selected the components for the hardware, and I went online for them. They were about half of today's prices. I wanted to go deeper but they recommended I didn't as it would need support from underneath. I don't know which of these models it was, but web says 18 gauge.

I can say this, so many things have been dropped over the last 19 years, yet it still looks great and no dents. I just dropped a bowl the other day while washing and was annoyed with myself. When it was brand new, these girls came over and spent the weekend and cooked. I heard my Wusthofs among other things banging on the sink--it was like a Kohler commercial, I wanted them to leave temporarily, so I could check for scratches lol

I've always had good experience with Kohler.

Scott
I've had a 20 year love affair with Kohler.

We have an Essex faucet and I've replaced almost every part of it except the gooseneck and the body, all for free, from Kohler. Just call them up and tell them and they ship the needed parts. I can't say that Moen and Delta are any different, as I've gotten cartridges from those two as well. But Kohler is outstanding for customer support.

btw I remember paying $280 for the faucet in 2004, and it was $800 when it was discontinued, prices have truly outpaced college tuition

funny Kohler story the sidespray stopped working and they told me you need to replace the diverter we'll send you one. But I know more than they do. I said I don't think that's it, can you send me the sidespray too? Of course we can.

Replace the sidespray and still doesn't work. F it.

During the pandemic since I was home, why not try and replace the diverter (it's a real PITA normal circlip pliers can't fit into the body of the faucet). Well whaddya know? The sidespray works again. 😊

Oooh interesting question...my Elkay undermount is 18 gauge....back in 2004 I redid our kitchen with Corian (anyone remember that)
:ROFLMAO:

Anyway I selected the components for the hardware, and I went online for them. They were about half of today's prices. I wanted to go deeper but they recommended I didn't as it would need support from underneath. I don't know which of these models it was, but web says 18 gauge.

I can say this, so many things have been dropped over the last 19 years, yet it still looks great and no dents. I just dropped a bowl the other day while washing and was annoyed with myself. When it was brand new, these girls came over and spent the weekend and cooked. I heard my Wusthofs among other things banging on the sink--it was like a Kohler commercial, I wanted them to leave temporarily, so I could check for scratches lol
Finally some factoids and I appreciated all responses. Thanks John 😊 I will be requesting 30 day suspensions for you and Walt.
I don't think you get faucet related sink flex with an under-mount sink 😆 😂
That aside great brand info..thanks..

Back