$256 Delta Kitchen Faucet is a Joke

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few comments on PEX. There are three types of PEX, A,B, and C. B is typically what you will find at Home Depot and Lowwes, and uses crimp connections. PEX A has zero crimps, you simply expand the tube, using a tube ex pander (made by Milwaukee) and then it goes back in place. A seven year old can make a perfect PEX A connection.

After doing much research, I went with PEX A a few years ago, replacing copper that would get pin hole leaks, likely due to water quality. PEX A is simply awesome, and simple. Youtube has multiple videos on PEX A. A bit harder to find, but well worth it. Menards does carry PEX A.

+1 on the Grohe Costco kitchen faucet. We replaced a 20 yr old Moen which had to be serviced every 2-3 years, mostly for leaking. The underside was completely corroded, Moen provided a steel nut , obviously cheaping out, which fortunately cracked in 4 or 5 pieces saving me having to use a saw. The Moen slide out faucet supply hose was constantly getting stuck on the valves under the sink, and was a PITA to use.

The Grohe design is much better. The supply hose is smooth, more flexible and nearly frictionless, and has a much heavier weight/stop. To wash out the sink you only need to pull the faucet down a few inches and it pops back into place when you let go.. The valve handle is much smoother in operation too, and I like having a side valve. The spray is more powerful too, and it is made in North Carolina. Installation only took about 20 min (thanks to a nice nut tool included in the box) after replacing the old valves and removing the old Moen faucet.

Most of the good faucet and shower products I'm impressed with recently (last 5 years) are Grohe and Handsgrohe. I think I trust the commercial guys installing them in offices and hotels, that's what I'm going to buy.

Delta faucets are junk. I tear them out of my customers homes regularly. Consider a Moen Arbor faucet. Excellent product. If you just want to spend lots of money look at Dornbracht.

I don't care for Delta single handled faucets, but I've had good luck with their separate hot and cold style models in my homes. I just installed a new Delta kitchen faucet a few weeks back along with a new SS kitchen sink. Bought the faucet cheap off eBay as a new open box. Love it.

Last edited:
That looks like the model I had put in about 6 months ago, very happy with it.

Originally Posted by gregk24
I just installed a new Moen pull down faucet in our kitchen. It feels very high quality, and most of the construction is stainless steel.

[Linked Image]

Looks like the Delta stuff I put in 10 years ago may have been the last throws of quality, all metal and still going strong.

Pex + shark bite connectors = bye bye soldering. It is 10,000x quicker, reversible and it doesn't leak. When I first came out I gave it a try and dang it is good. My plumber brother had his reservations but after 5-8 years...now many many plumbers use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back