I’ve got the flu

Status
Not open for further replies.
I came down with the flu the day after Thanksgiving and it lasted until a week or so before Christmas, to the point where I could say I had no more symptoms. My wife followed about three days behind. Horrible body aches, nausea, congestion, coughing, worst headaches I had ever felt, fever, chills, etc etc. The worst of it lasts about a week, you start feeling better, then it all comes right back for a few days. The coughing and congestion went on forever, so it seemed. The congestion never got too terrible, it just wouldnt go away.

Right about the time I was feeling better, one of the other guys here got it and he is just now starting to get back to normal. So about three weeks for him as well.

I work in a closed off section of a large office, and there are ten of use in this section, and every one of us have caught it, except one, and he was the only person here who had a flu shot.

My dad is 86 and came down with it in early December, and ended up in the hospital for two days, very labored breathing and literally could barely walk. I was with him yesterday and it was the first time he seemed normal in almost a month. He's a dynamo, you'd never know he was that old if you talked to him and seeing him with this flu was quite scary, it just knocked him out.

Doctor sister said her office is a revolving door of madness full of people that coming in with it, and their testing is showing two different strains of this flu. She is of the opinion that tamiflu is near useless for most people and she rarely prescribes it.

Personally what helped me was lots of ibuprofen, cough syrup, and any over the counter decongestant I could get a hold of, which I eventually gave up on. This flu is nasty, my condolences to whoever gets it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back