Is the 6.0 liter powerstroke worth buying now?

They're also beneficial if you keep a vehicle a long time. I have 220,000 on one of my diesels, but it's all in town driving, so it has like 11,000hrs on the engine if I remember right. I think about 5,000hrs is all you get from a gas engine.
The diesel engine itself as a concept yes, but the issue is on modern diesel trucks (talking pickup trucks) all the expensive stuff starts going out after 150k miles, so sadly that isn't the case anymore for the average truck buyer. Higher mileage can be achieved in the trucks always working, but the ones that are driven to the grocery store and back empty will have emissions system issues.

They're also beneficial if you keep a vehicle a long time. I have 220,000 on one of my diesels, but it's all in town driving, so it has like 11,000hrs on the engine if I remember right. I think about 5,000hrs is all you get from a gas engine.

You can drop in a refurbished (or even new sometimes) gas engine for less than the price of fixing turbos and injectors and def stuff over the lifetime of that truck.

2003.png

I present to you a third option...2003 LB7 Duramax. Kids now has 240,000 on it. Has had the injectors done at 130,000 and the water pump at 232,000. Solid non- emissions diesel. He just rebuilt the front end himself with some quality stuff. Really solid up front. Not a diesel guy but know enough about them that I would get a Cummins or a Duramax before any 6.0 diesel. For what I tow I am just going to stick with my gassers.

View attachment 189596
I present to you a third option...2003 LB7 Duramax. Kids now has 240,000 on it. Has had the injectors done at 130,000 and the water pump at 232,000. Solid non- emissions diesel. He just rebuilt the front end himself with some quality stuff. Really solid up front. Not a diesel guy but know enough about them that I would get a Cummins or a Duramax before any 6.0 diesel. For what I tow I am just going to stick with my gassers.
The lb7 has 200k warranty on injectors because they fail often.

Yep, I guess these are updated? Truck runs very nice.
Not sure. I know the newer models are a peice pf cake to change. They're outside the valve cover. The lb7 youbhave to pull the cab off to access them if I remember right

I have had numerous years 03 6.0 will be the redheaded stepchild until the 6.4 shows for the 2008 bodystyle

The best years for 6.0 are 06/07

My 6.4 trucks were deleted early on and one went 191k before one small end on a rod wore slightly oval due to no bushing on the rods this truck was rebuilt by Anthony Youngblood at the 191k mentioned above ARP studs ceramic coated pistons one of these trucks still serves as a snowplow truck in the winter

My second best truck was a 2004 6.0 went about 165k before it had oil cooler issues after that was solved it went on to get nearly another 100k before it was sold

I have had numerous years 03 6.0 will be the redheaded stepchild until the 6.4 shows for the 2008 bodystyle

The best years for 6.0 are 06/07

My 6.4 trucks were deleted early on and one went 191k before one small end on a rod wore slightly oval due to no bushing on the rods this truck was rebuilt by Anthony Youngblood at the 191k mentioned above ARP studs ceramic coated pistons one of these trucks still serves as a snowplow truck in the winter

My second best truck was a 2004 6.0 went about 165k before it had oil cooler issues after that was solved it went on to get nearly another 100k before it was sold
Can they put bushings on the connecting rods?

I have heard of it but my build went with new Ford / Navistar 8C3Z stuff and this stuff is getting harder and harder to source for builds

No
Not sure. I know the newer models are a peice pf cake to change. They're outside the valve cover. The lb7 youbhave to pull the cab off to access them if I remember right
Nope, no cab removal required. One thing we looked at when we bought it. Since these are not OEM pretty good (they are upgraded) chance we won't have to do them again for the life of this particular truck.

Back