Is life really too short?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kids can be fun, but face it, it's a emotional and financial drain. Amuses me seeing parents today versus how they were in the late 60's-70's. Parents weren't "all up" in the kids business and let kids figure things out for themselves with some guidance. Now, it's the other way around. I've seen my marriage do a complete 180 when my daughter was born. I've seen what it's done to my wife, especially emotionally. That is NOT the same woman I married 20 plus years ago. Thought it was age, but now I realize it's the kids. I really hoping when they are gone, things may get better for us. Yeah, I know it will never be like when we first met, but the mindset has got to change. But, sometimes.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
For example will a person who's 85 years old sit down and wonder where all that time went? I'm 28 and I kind of miss the days that I only had a bike and not a care in the world.

Don't dwell on the past or present. There's an eternity awaiting you that's much better than the place we're currently in.
For instance: There are a number of people you haven't seen since your bike-riding years ended. You will see those people again, so look forward to it - beginning today.

What lies ahead of us is better than anything right in front of you today..... or yesterday. Be not afraid to enter that new sphere either. Embrace it when it arrives on your body's doorstep.
Comforting thoughts for sure, but mere speculation, no matter what the Jesuits think they know. There is absolutely no scientific evidence that some part of us will live on after death. NONE

yea, I've found that really simplifies my life.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: Yah-Tah-Hey
What lies ahead of us is better than anything right in front of you today..... or yesterday. Be not afraid to enter that new sphere either. Embrace it when it arrives on your body's doorstep.
Comforting thoughts for sure, but mere speculation, no matter what the Jesuits think they know. There is absolutely no scientific evidence that some part of us will live on after death. NONE

Yeah, I just don't see it. No scientific evidence. Where in the universe? We are 13.7 billion years into it. Black holes will disappear in 10 to the 100 years, the rest of the universe will take til about 10 to the 2500 to reach the final heat death at which point even time will cease because there will not be any energy to even measure time. Then after that? Incidentally 13.7 billion works out to about 10 to the 11th, it's a very very long time to 10 to 2500. We're all DNA so all DNA survives? What about viruses and bacteria?

no matter what the Jesuits think they know. There is absolutely no scientific evidence that some part of us will live on after death. NONE

lol.gif
IDK what Jesuits have to do with this, do you even know what a Jesuit is?

Also, what are you the spokesman for "science"? There is always a strong correlation between those who low-key think they have the answer, and that the answer is naught and that "science" and "evidence" is sympathetic with their own personal happenstance beliefs and ideologies. It's usually a great way to tell who (most ironically) doesn't know what they're talking about

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: PeterPolyol
no matter what the Jesuits think they know. There is absolutely no scientific evidence that some part of us will live on after death. NONE

lol.gif
IDK what Jesuits have to do with this, do you even know what a Jesuit is?

Also, what are you the spokesman for "science"? There is always a strong correlation between those who low-key think they have the answer, and that the answer is naught and that "science" and "evidence" is sympathetic with their own personal happenstance beliefs and ideologies. It's usually a great way to tell who (most ironically) doesn't know what they're talking about
I used the Jesuits because I had them in high school. I could have used Dominicans,Franciscans,Augustinians, Servites, Maryknoll and on and on. Eternal life is the selling point of all the Christian religions That How else could they con believers into supporting them with time and $$ for an entire lifetime? And they start their indoctrination at a very early age so by the time a person in fifteen years old, they (most) are believers for life.Convinced that if they should ever deny the "truths" revealed to them at an early age ,they would burn forever in [censored].Have I latched on to a SJ?

Sorry to hear about your Jesuit upbringing, that is unfortunate. There are cults out there that appropriate universal and/or positive things and attach their own wicked, inverse parasites onto them. This is a nasty tactic that is in WIDE USE in our society. They're insideous and cancerous in that they can forcefully associate the innate good-hearted, loving nature of humanity and nature with abuse, brutal domination, brainwashing and theft-of-self-direction. I find it's the abusive inculcation of man-made, selectively-interpreted "religious doctrine" that creates the most militant atheists and demoralized nihilists. And to be honest with you, it seems like that could have been those 'institutions' intention all along.... to break the spirits of children and ensure they are dehumanized, demoralized adults ready to be exploited. Doesn't take an expert to see how replete this process is in our society.

Again, I'm sorry about those experiences you had as a youth, having had my own religious fundamentalist battles as a child myself, and climbing out of that hole facing only resistance, I totally get you.

I went from believing the Christian version of the "only if you follow our orders will god love you" bit to a full agnostic "that doesn't make sense, none of this makes sense. I'm going to unlearn the trojan horse indoctrination and re-compile my meaning of life file" to my current position of "we are all eternally inter-connected, inter-dimensional, inextinguishable energetic beings attached to a body and bound to a time-scale for this "job" (life) that we're doing, and that we ALL eventually go 'home' and 'remember everything' when our job here is done. That "God" (NOT an angry vengeful old man) actually doesn't care about religion- at all, that the only thing that is tallied up after this life is how much "love" you shared in this dark world. That no rituals are needed to go back "home".

I'm pretty sure I've lost everyone reading this with that last current belief- I'm very much aware of how ridiculous and fantastical it comes across.
happy2.gif

SO now that any semblance of credibility is demolished
lol.gif
I leave you with a nursery rhyme:
Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily life is but a dream

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: PeterPolyol
Sorry to hear about your Jesuit upbringing, that is unfortunate. There are cults out there that appropriate universal and/or positive things and attach their own wicked, inverse parasites onto them. This is a nasty tactic that is in WIDE USE in our society. They're insideous and cancerous in that they can forcefully associate the innate good-hearted, loving nature of humanity and nature with abuse, brutal domination, brainwashing and theft-of-self-direction. I find it's the abusive inculcation of man-made, selectively-interpreted "religious doctrine" that creates the most militant atheists and demoralized nihilists. And to be honest with you, it seems like that could have been those 'institutions' intention all along.... to break the spirits of children and ensure they are dehumanized, demoralized adults ready to be exploited. Doesn't take an expert to see how replete this process is in our society.

Again, I'm sorry about those experiences you had as a youth, having had my own religious fundamentalist battles as a child myself, and climbing out of that hole facing only resistance, I totally get you.

I went from believing the Christian version of the "only if you follow our orders will god love you" bit to a full agnostic "that doesn't make sense, none of this makes sense. I'm going to unlearn the trojan horse indoctrination and re-compile my meaning of life file" to my current position of "we are all eternally inter-connected, inter-dimensional, inextinguishable energetic beings attached to a body and bound to a time-scale for this "job" (life) that we're doing, and that we ALL eventually go 'home' and 'remember everything' when our job here is done. That "God" (NOT an angry vengeful old man) actually doesn't care about religion- at all, that the only thing that is tallied up after this life is how much "love" you shared in this dark world. That no rituals are needed to go back "home".

I'm pretty sure I've lost everyone reading this with that last current belief- I'm very much aware of how ridiculous and fantastical it comes across.
happy2.gif

SO now that any semblance of credibility is demolished
lol.gif
I leave you with a nursery rhyme:
Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily life is but a dream
Old Hosteen here never believed that claptrap from grade one. And I leave you with H L Mencken PeterPoly. He has some great quotes on religion and clergymen. "It is [censored] of course, that makes priests powerful, not Heaven ........."

Last edited:
Old Hosteen here never believed that claptrap from grade one. And I leave you with H L Mencken PeterPoly. He has some great quotes on religion and clergymen. "It is [censored] of course, that makes priests powerful, not Heaven ........."

Very nice
thumbsup2.gif
My man
cheers3.gif

For example will a person who's 85 years old sit down and wonder where all that time went? I'm 28 and I kind of miss the days that I only had a bike and not a care in the world.

You need something other than a bike to ride!

Here's the cool part ... everyone will find out first hand one way or the other when the lights go out, regardless of what they believe right now.

Don't dwell on the past or present. There's an eternity awaiting you that's much better than the place we're currently in.
For instance: There are a number of people you haven't seen since your bike-riding years ended. You will see those people again, so look forward to it - beginning today.

Lack of faith indicates no scientific evidence exists.
Lack of faith indicates no spiritual evidence exists.
You have a right to your opinion / beliefs / disbeliefs.
This concludes our discussion on this, for it is forbidden to talk religion here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back