Anyone remember Boeing surplus?

Back in the day, my dad and uncle who are rabid ham radio dudes used to travel and stay at my place to attend a ham radio show and always made it to Boeing surplus for all kinds of stuff. One year they both bought hundreds of large vacuum variable capacitors and inductors. By the pound. They both made many thousands of dollars re-selling them within the ham radio community. I always wondered what Boeing even used these for unless they were from WWII leftover stock or something. I went there a few times and there were deals to be had but I didn't really need a tow tug or 727 cockpit on a trailer.....tools, drill bits, safety wire pliers, rivets for cents a pound. Shame they are gone now.
s-l1600 (3).jpg

s-l1600 (4).jpg

In my neck of the woods Boeing used to have a large surplus store where you could buy all kinds of neat stuff.

It was a cool place for sure. I've still got some plastic faced hammers I bought there. I always found the drill bits pretty worn out, though.

They had a lot of different stuff there. One time they had brand new in the boxes airplane coffee machines. Square miles of new carpet of strange design. Bathroom fixtures. Tanks, motors, machine tools.....the list is endless and varied. FCFS

I don't think they built the Apaches in Washington state.Maybe there is another Boeing Surplus in Texas/Kansas/California wherever?

I just checked, looks like Mesa Arizona. Another great reason why to retire down there lol.

Back