iPhone Metadata?

if I'm not mistaken I believe I read a news headline that Facebook Meta and other social media platforms will start heavily monitoring and have heavy censorship over war related news and media.

if I'm not mistaken I believe I read a news headline that Facebook Meta and other social media platforms will start heavily monitoring and have heavy censorship over war related news and media.
But that wouldnt cause the ops folks to single out ios devices. Something inherent to the os would be needed to be the issue

Every iPhone is constantly looking to rat out the location of not only itself but also other Apple devices such as AirTags and the lost/stolen earbuds mentioned earlier. That's not good in a war situation.

Every iPhone is constantly looking to rat out the location of not only itself but also other Apple devices such as AirTags and the lost/stolen earbuds mentioned earlier. That's not good in a war situation.
this is real interesting. i am in bed and get a notice of a air pod pro on my iphone. i open the app and it tells me on a map where its been. i don't have air pods so i think it was someone park outside my house .

so perhaps they have found a way to exploit the apple mesh system

I used a Blackberry Work suite there.

I heard of a case where some guy, maybe a Ukrainian soldier, had his AirPods stolen by the Russians when they looted his apartment. It somehow showed up on Apple's Find My Network. The coordinates were used to send a rocket to the thief.
Recent AirPods have the AirTag technology built into case…

i am sure of that. its weird though that it should up on my iphone , route and all . usually need to ok them from the owner to track them .
The owner tracks them however the AirTag communicates with any recent iPhone 11+ and use its location to transmit the general location back to Apple and the Find my network. It does not identify or know what actual phone it used to send the location/data as that is anonymous for privacy reasons

The owner tracks them however the AirTag communicates with any recent iPhone 11+ and use its location to transmit the general location back to Apple and the Find my network. It does not identify or know what actual phone it used to send the location/data as that is anonymous for privacy reasons
i understand this. my phone probably been used on the mesh many times . nothing ever shows up except what is saved in my own devices. this thing showed up out of the blue and i know its not mine

Or is it something else? I am back from helping an NGO in Ukraine, and this where every security guy makes sure you are not an iPhone user.
Everyone i asked would give me a vague non-answer, but it seems that those are the easiest to track from satellites.
Well I can guarantee it’s not the satellites.

Maybe Pablo’s answer about airplane mode is why.
Since they are vague they aren’t sure either but I like the airplane mode reason.

The AirTags can be another if the user doesn’t if the user doesn’t opt out. An AirTag can be planted and tracked anywhere.

The above is assuming it’s not superstition since no one could give a reason meaning they don’t know either, it’s not satellites though I think the two above could be plausible.

Last edited:
Not new to 17 has been in iOS for sometime I learned this out by shutting it off. My phone stopped optimized and clean energy charging.

None of my previous settings been changed by iOS 17 even to the latest And current update.
I just looked and mine were turned on.

If someone thinks for a minute your data is more secure in an Android Device than in an Apple device. Well, then, one best educate themselves, starting with the privacy options of their devices and some homework.
But even out of the box, Apple devices blow away Android devices when it comes to security and privacy.

If someone thinks for a minute your data is more secure in an Android Device than in an Apple device. Well, then, one best educate themselves, starting with the privacy options of their devices and some homework.
But even out of the box, Apple devices blow away Android devices when it comes to security and privacy.
Is their a white paper or research article that I can read more about this?

Try this... they're calling it "TriangleDB".

"Kaspersky recently reported on a new mobile Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) campaign that specifically targets iOS devices via iMessage..."

Read about it here:

https://usa.kaspersky.com/about/pre...d-the-spyware-used-in-operation-triangulation

And then watch this:

An outdated opinion piece ^^^
With that said, we are talking about government enterprises, tracking, and spying on people which takes place among all formats once exposed in this case, Apple closed the door.
As far as anything discussed in this video, these issues have been taken care of many updates ago, and unless you’re Head of State being targeted by a government agency, you don’t have to worry about anything and never did .. no small hacker is remotely of doing this.
Every operating system in the world has security updates for this very reason.

Back