Samsung to iPhone 13 Pro Max migration questions.

I made the move from a Samsung Android to a iPhone. I was thinking about it for a while because of poor android battery life. That and the family wanted to FaceTime me. So I did it. Purchased a giant iPhone 13 Pro Max with an OtterBox case from T-Mobile. This phone solves my battery issues. The Samsung would gobble down a battery in 5 hours of use so I had to carry charger packs with me. I’ve been using it for 8 hours and it’s still 80% wow!! The display and sound is fantastic. But there are differences I don’t understand hopefully someone can help with.

How to set different notification vibrations for specific third party apps. For example my ring security camera. Currently it’s a short burst of vibration that is not very noticeable. I would like to make that more obvious. There is no option that I can find. I can only fine the ability to adjust vibrations for specific apple tasks like text voice and mail. Not third-party apps like ring or Gmail.

Wireless charging works but is weak. Why? Maybe because of the design with the cameras sticking out from the body the phone won’t sit flat on a charger pad. I had to purchase smaller elevated charger pads so the cameras can dangle over. I doubt it would work in a car with a large flat charger pad because it can’t sit flat. Or maybe it’s the case. The OtterBox case has a magnet on the back where you would set the phone down on a wireless charger. Is that “MagSafe”? Would that interfere with the charging because it’s in between the phone and a wireless charging pad? Do I need a special charger that works with MagSafe?

I don't think there's a way to change or customize the vibration other than on/off, but there are other notifications that can be customized like screen banner and sound, when i get a ring notification it vibrates, plays a ringing sound, and a banner comes on the screen. The notifications can be customized on/off for each app in the settings, but the actual way the iphone does it i don't think can be customized.

I think the wireless charging is up to 15watt on the iphone, some models might be less like 12watt, but wired charging using lightning cable is up to 20watt with a charger capable of that. to wirelessly charge the iphone at the rated watt the wireless charger and power adapter need to be able to put out that much and be compatible, alot of wireless chargers are 5 or 10 watt or if it's not compatible it would charge at a lower safer rate and be slower. The apple 20watt charger plug and magsafe charger should charge the iphones at the rated speed other wireless chargers may be hit or miss even if it claims to be capable of 15 or 20w.

Last edited:
It’s been great so far. But I noticed the apps I installed are not updating automatically. I’m wonder if it’s because I turned Background app refresh off to preserve battery life. That wasn’t a problem on the android

It’s been great so far. But I noticed the apps I installed are not updating automatically. I’m wonder if it’s because I turned Background app refresh off to preserve battery life. That wasn’t a problem on the android
Settings>App Store>App Updates, I have background app refresh off but auto updates on and have no issues.

I performed the update to 15.4 two days ago and noticed the battery life is not as good as it was with 15.3.x. iPhone is definitely draining faster. I did some searching and there was an article that stated iPhones recalibrate to a new operating system which could affect battery life for a period of time. Is that true? Because I’m not seeing anything on the battery page that could be causing battery drain.

I performed the update to 15.4 two days ago and noticed the battery life is not as good as it was with 15.3.x. iPhone is definitely draining faster. I did some searching and there was an article that stated iPhones recalibrate to a new operating system which could affect battery life for a period of time. Is that true? Because I’m not seeing anything on the battery page that could be causing battery drain.
I have noticed that after an OS update it can be a bit weird but mine have always gone back to being normal.

Another question. I have the iPhone contacts app defaulting to Google contacts. Any address in contacts will try to use Apple Maps. I would like that to default to Google Maps is it possible?

Yes, I think you are correct, someplace MAYBE or in the Apple forums community, statement says the new update can affect battery life for up to 24 hours.
I didnt really read this ... but here are some tips and not that I agree with all of them but some tips in here. Choose and pick, Im already really happy with the jump in battery life on my one or two week old iPhone 13 over my XR.

BTW - not sure if you saw my other post, I pulled a 5g speed on my cell phone of 800 Mbps download, not that it matters in reality but was kind of neat. On TMobile 5g (uc)
Just also thought of this, if you dont use 5g you can turn it off and stick with LTE and most likely save a bit more battery.

Last edited:
Another question. I have the iPhone contacts app defaulting to Google contacts. Any address in contacts will try to use Apple Maps. I would like that to default to Google Maps is it possible?
In your iPhone settings, go to Maps, then select "Default Apps" and switch the navigation app to Google Maps. That should do the trick for routing with Google Maps seamlessly. Give it a shot! If you need more tech tips, check out helpful tech guides.

Back