Impressed-WALMART

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our little 2015 Chevy Sonic came with Hankook tires . Plan to replace them before winter .

We are in a semi-arid climate . It does rain , just not that much .

Debating whether to stay with Hankook or go to something different . The Hankooks seem to be reasonably priced .

God bless
Wyr

Originally Posted By: L_Sludger
I don't have any negative things to say about Walmart T&LE technicians.

I don't either, about the vast majority of the TLE techs.

I'll stop there.

All of the local Walmart stores here including the Super Store have done away with their automotive shops. They still carry automotive supplies in the store and you can order Tires and pick up from them. But they no longer do automotive work in my WM stores.

Originally Posted By: Piston_slap
I took my '64 Ford Falcon in for a full set of tires. The manager had a set of Nexen trailer tires that he wanted to move for a good price. They were only a couple inches narrower than the tires coming off. I was watching at the customer viewing window and was pleased to see the mechanic had many merit badges on his shirt, must have attended all the tire schools. He and his helper worked at a very relaxed pace to ensure against mistakes from rushing. They took a couple breaks for a cold Pepsi as the shop was hot (77 degrees !!). Tire balance was done with a precision electric balancer. While one tire called for 4oz, the helper accurately stacked (4) 1oz weights to regain the center. Smart and good people are hard to find these days. I was out in a little under 2 hours (They broke my floor shifter and had to JB Weld it back) The ride in town is nice. One the hiway it is a little choppy but that may be the car.

Surely you Jest! 77 degrees as the shop was hot!
crackmeup2.gif

Poor guys working at the TLE here are working in 100+ with no coke breaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back