Ideal driving position

LDB

I saw a video of a woman sitting in a car WAY back from the steering wheel where she couldn't even touch it. Then it shows a screen to input the driver's height in cm. Then it moves the seat in all power adjustment directions to the "ideal driving position" for that height driver. But it never showed the car to tell what it was. Anyone know what car has that function?

Which model and trim level?

The new models that are out. CX-60 and CX-90. I assume it will roll out to all models eventually. It also uses Facial Recognition to identify the driver.

It will be fine for most drivers but some of us prefer different setups. I like a more upright seat back with a lower steering wheel and higher seat position.

Don’t know but I had a friend who sat way low and back from his steering wheel. Well he got hit in the left rear tire by a guy going 82 mph on a back road and it caused my friend’s car to flip and hit big trees…. Only reason my friend survived was that he sat so very low in that car.

It crushed the roof down about 2 inches above his head. You get smashed on top of your head even though it’s the hardest part of your body.. you can still die very easily. That’s why those roll bars are so prevalent in race cars because that is a huge weak point in all normal vehicles.

I saw the picture of his car and let me tell you… it looked like a Nascar wrecked car. Unbelievable damage and my friend had only very minor injuries.

Don’t know but I had a friend who sat way low and back from his steering wheel. Well he got hit in the left rear tire by a guy going 82 mph on a back road and it caused my friend’s car to flip and hit big trees…. Only reason my friend survived was that he sat so very low in that car.

It crushed the roof down about 2 inches above his head. You get smashed on top of your head even though it’s the hardest part of your body.. you can still die very easily. That’s why those roll bars are so prevalent in race cars because that is a huge weak point in all normal vehicles.

I saw the picture of his car and let me tell you… it looked like a Nascar wrecked car. Unbelievable damage and my friend had only very minor injuries.
That's the way I drive, seat far back and all the way down, Dale Earnhart style. :D

I drive with the seat as far up as it will go, provided there's headroom in the vehicle. I can see more and better which makes it safer.

^^^^^^^^^^^

Sitting way, way too close to your airbag is NOT a good idea…. That can potentially hurt you.
Potentially very severely too I might add.

That airbag is best fully deployed BEFORE your head and face make contact with it.
That’s why it’s there…

Not for you to hit it as it is deploying at like 150 mph…

^^^^^^^^^^^

Sitting way, way too close to your airbag is NOT a good idea…. That can potentially hurt you.

That airbag is best fully deployed BEFORE your head and face make contact with it.
That’s why it’s there…

Not close to the wheel up, raised up as high off the floor as it will go up. The seat is also as far back away from the wheel as the track will allow it to go toward the back seats.

I saw a video of a woman sitting in a car WAY back from the steering wheel where she couldn't even touch it. Then it shows a screen to input the driver's height in cm. Then it moves the seat in all power adjustment directions to the "ideal driving position" for that height driver. But it never showed the car to tell what it was. Anyone know what car has that function?
The BMW driver school video that's been posted on here previously has a guide for how to properly distance yourself from the wheel and set your mirrors. That's the process I follow and then set the seat memory. I wonder if this uses a similar approach?

I set the seat so that my left foot is properly situated on the dead pedal. Then, I adjust the wheel so that my wrists just touch the top of it with my arms fully extended.

^^^^^^^^^^^

That’s why it’s there…

If you can place a sheet of paper between you and the wheel then you are okay. That would be 11.5 inches. I think I’m a tad further than that.

I sit very far front and up as high as I can get. I know this is a bad idea bc sitting a bit lower would be safer.

The BMW driver school video that's been posted on here previously has a guide for how to properly distance yourself from the wheel and set your mirrors. That's the process I follow and then set the seat memory. I wonder if this uses a similar approach?

I set the seat so that my left foot is properly situated on the dead pedal. Then, I adjust the wheel so that my wrists just touch the top of it with my arms fully extended.
Can't hurt to post it again...
BMW Performance Center Seating Tutorial

OIP.nnYGpnHkW4iBLgSp5DpTNQHaDt
His driving position doesn`t look right , but there are wheals on both sides. 🤣

Which model and trim level?
My Genesis GV80 has it. You put in height, weight, and in seam and it adjusts it. It`s called smart posture care. Here is video for a GV70 model.

Last edited:
I sit very far front and up as high as I can get. I know this is a bad idea bc sitting a bit lower would be safer.
I'm half the same, up as high as the seat will allow, but as far back as the seat goes as well. Yeah, more risk if the roof caves in but that 3-4 inches higher up makes a huge difference in seeing everything and I believe makes it a lot safer from a visibility standpoint.

Back