I Applied At A Havoline Express Lube

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Red91
I am in the thick camp myself...

I am, too. More and more people are, I suppose the allure and whimsy of thin oil! Thin oil! Thin oil! has largely worn off, leaving sites such as these a curio, as owners credit low viscosity grades to the EPA fuel economy war and go back to what they know, what we call the thick crowd. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Die-hard tinkerers and experimenters aside, that doesn't surprise me.

I'm worried for when you get pressured to sell your first engine flush. Those are really not needed and they may get more than $100 to do it!

Originally Posted By: plaguef

I am, too. More and more people are, I suppose the allure and whimsy of thin oil! Thin oil! Thin oil! has largely worn off, leaving sites such as these a curio, as owners credit low viscosity grades to the EPA fuel economy war and go back to what they know, what we call the thick crowd. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Die-hard tinkerers and experimenters aside, that doesn't surprise me.

I'm worried for when you get pressured to sell your first engine flush. Those are really not needed and they may get more than $100 to do it!

Who charges $100 for an engine flush?

I hope I get an interview.

Talk about your strong work ethic and love for working on cars as a hobby.

Originally Posted By: silverrat

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver

They don't even do engine flushes.

http://havolinetirepros.com/complete-service-list

Still though... They can be had. https://www.valvoline.com/recommended-auto-services/engine-cleaning-service I can see I got Havoline confused with Valvoline. My error.

And they probably cost about 100 bucks. More like 120..

Still though... They can be had. https://www.valvoline.com/recommended-auto-services/engine-cleaning-service I can see I got Havoline confused with Valvoline. My error.

Probably about $100? Based on what? We used to charge $12.99. Where are you getting your info? You probably have never taken your car into one of these places and just DIY.

Red91 said:

Probably about $100? Based on what? We used to charge $12.99. Where are you getting your info? You probably have never taken your car into one of these places and just DIY.

No. Probably about $100, based on what is the price I remember listed on the services sign of a place had a whole Bilstein R-2000 engine flush machine and sold that service for $120. That place is no longer in business.

Seeing as how an engine flush would exchange all the fluid with a flushing agent, I can see it being priced similar to a transmission flush service, and therefore labeled a wallet drainer.

I just returned from the interview. The open position is for a pit man. Basically I would be in charge of draining oil, changing oil and fuel filters, differential fluid service and transmission services, as well as greasing and pointing out items that need repair. There is possibly an opening at a satellite location which is a smaller quick lube.

After working for VIOC and walking out with they entire shop in the late 90's, I cannot say I have a high opinion of them. They seem to be dying here. We were open like 8-8 and on Sundays from 10-4. Now they're almost bankers hours. The dealerships and maybe Delta Sonic have locked up most of the sales locally, most of the chains have failed here...

I just returned from the interview. The open position is for a pit man. Basically I would be in charge of draining oil, changing oil and fuel filters, differential fluid service and transmission services, as well as greasing and pointing out items that need repair. There is possibly an opening at a satellite location which is a smaller quick lube.

Hope you get it. If I knew every lube technician at these sort of places had your knowledge, skills, and work ethic I would take my car there for service every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back