Customer service? Duh..... or Serve yourself Customer!?

There is a certain irony to this story. While Boomers can balance a checkbook to figure out how much money is in their checking account, the younger generations can go online and access their bank app and see how much money the bank has in their account and see a listing of all the checks and withdrawals and deposits.

People complain about prices and customer service. It's going to cost the business more money to hire more competent workers and that's going to cause an increase in prices. You can't have it both both ways.

You ordered a burger. The fellow was polite and respectful. He delivered the correct change with some help?

Where is the failure in customer service?
NONE. NONE at all. From the movie Cool Hand Luke. "What we are dealing with here is a failure to communicate." AGAIN ..............
I have said this was a poor example ON MY PART.... poor example of the current state of customer services I was reading an article about and got mixed up trying to communicate. Once again as happens to me sometimes..... my fingers out ran the brain. I was treated with respect and I treated them with respect. It just saddend me to see the poor guy struggle with the change. I felt bad for him. I guess while reading that article and having just experienced this happen , that is what was on my mind instead of the examples in the article.
SammyChevelleTypeS3 said:
Oh yeah. I felt bad for the fellow and was 100% respectful and tried to act as if I noticed nothing. That occurence was a poor example on my part to express the thoughts I had on reading about the customer services failures all over as of late.

It just saddend me to see the poor guy struggle with the change. I felt bad for him.
This I understand - but you probably shouldn't feel too bad. He probably has never been taught to handle change, because he never has had to. The restaurants customer base is likely 99% card, so the fact that one person knew how to was actually impressive. Many places in the cities will no longer take cash - at all.

Like knowing how to hitch a horse team up in, say 1960. Some could, some couldn't. Maybe 50/50 back then. How many now? One in maybe ten thousand or less? I can't. My dad could but he passed away a year ago, so that skill is gone.

Cash requires the manager/owner to go to the bank. Credit alleviates having to do that. Also CC is safer for store in some areas.

This I understand - but you probably shouldn't feel too bad. He probably has never been taught to handle change, because he never has had to. The restaurants customer base is likely 99% card, so the fact that one person knew how to was actually impressive. Many places in the cities will no longer take cash - at all.

Like knowing how to hitch a horse team up in, say 1960. Some could, some couldn't. Maybe 50/50 back then. How many now? One in maybe ten thousand or less? I can't. My dad could but he passed away a year ago, so that skill is gone.
I forgot about that. I do use my cards almost everywhere and I have no idea what made me pull out cash for that place.

What makes me sad with society these days is when I walk up to a counter and the worker give you the blank or pissed off expression and does not greet you , let alone does not even feel the need to say "how can I help you?" Even better is the one where they are talking and I can not understand what they are going on about until I realize they are talking on their cell phone and are not even talking to me. The cutomer they are being paid to assist.
Unfortunately I had to go in the local Autozone for a few things, one of which was behind the counter. The two employees were engaged in a deep discussion about their personal heritage and ancestry. I stood there several moments at the counter and finally made contact with one of them. He turned and said WHAT! Obviously I was being viewed as an interruption in his heartfelt personal discussion. I turned and went outside to my truck and called the Autozone customer service number. After finally getting a live person I described the situation truthfully. I drove next door to the gas station and filled up the truck. Drove back to Autozone and was waited on with decent customer service by a full grown man with a trembling voice. Got my part and left….

Back