How often do you "floor" your vehicle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have fast vehicles. Everything gets floored on onramps, not by choice. I don't drive fast, but sometimes I need to get up to speed quickly.

Though, during the last floored session in my truck, I did blow out the passenger exhaust manifold. Something something towing 8500 pounds.

Once in a while when the vehicle is warmed up and I only seem to roll into it anyway. The torque management in my vehicles is absurd so there is no real joy in it.

Very rarely. I open her up on long ON ramps whenever I can but I'm never near 100% WOT.

On a "flats" near me I recently got my station wagon up over 100mph and I realized it was the first time I'd done that in 45 years.

I AM old but thanks to the OP for reminding me!

NOTE: Be thankful PEA cleaners work during stints of local driving.

Unfortunately, on the 3.7 Transit it means on every highway merge, or moderately steep hill. Always warmed up, first, I take the long way to the adjacent DEATH ROAD interstate (I-75) here in northern Cincinnati-and it routinely takes 75 to merge in a 55 construction zone.

The ti is not especially quick(0-60 in 8.0 secunds) and the motor makes most of its power north of 4,500 rpm- so it sees full throttle quite often. The 2er usually sees full throttle at least once per day- depending on the challenges it receives in the Stoplight Grand Prix.

Originally Posted By: Miller88
Though, during the last floored session in my truck, I did blow out the passenger exhaust manifold. Something something towing 8500 pounds.

Something something Ford Triton
Something something very common issue
wink.gif

Only when getting out of the path of a distracted driver.
spankme2.gif

This is usually the case involving a 20 to 40 year female taking up 1.5 Lanes or on my bumper, and driving a Suburban or other SUV.

Last edited:
As long as the engine is warmed up....every once in a while. Otherwise it would be like getting on the highway....

Originally Posted By: MolaKule
Only when getting out of the path of a distracted driver.
spankme2.gif

This is usually the case involving a 20 to 40 year female taking up 1.5 Lanes or on my bumper, and driving a Suburban or other SUV.

That is a really good reason to do so!!!
crazy2.gif

Pretty much daily once the temp gauge has started to move up a good portion of the way. 130-hp and minimal torque requires these sort of things lest you'd like to leave 20 minutes early for work.

Originally Posted By: KGMtech
For the Maxima: 2x per month, and only if fully warmed up - which with the Winter that just ended (we hope
eek.gif
) was not that often.

My wife's Rogue: never yet - still only 2700km on the car.

Flex: 4x per year when I am merging onto HWY 11 at Bracebridge area of Ontario as we drive to the cottage.

LOL!! I know that area well! Used to stop in Bracebridge on the way to Windermere.

I know if you come from Windermere straight to 11, the ramp is REALLY short.

Originally Posted By: KrisZ
I don't keep count, but I do use WOT quite often.

Same here, particularly when passing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back