How much did gasoline go up for you this week?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Al
Originally Posted By: CT Rob
up 50 cents in 1 week here.2.39 now 2.89.Gouging at its finest

is grampi your dad?

Instead of complaining about it, do something about it.

Grow your own oil!

Just heard on the radio: ExxonMobil has Baytown back running - don't know about distribution - but they have the process equipment back running ...

Yes, it has gone up by more than a little, but will go back down after the smoke clears, as it has done in the past. That is what happened after superstorm Sandy.

Originally Posted By: CharlieBauer
Originally Posted By: Al
Originally Posted By: CT Rob
up 50 cents in 1 week here.2.39 now 2.89.Gouging at its finest

is grampi your dad?

Instead of complaining about it, do something about it.

Grow your own oil!
Another brilliant useless post.

Where is Hurricane Irma headed ?
It might hit Florida, Georgia or the Carolinas....

More gas price increases with the possibility of another hurricane.

What a bunch of whiners.

If you can't afford 20 cents to a buck increase....while others don't even have a home anymore.....then you need to get a life.

At least three idiotic threads about rising gas prices because of a hurricane! What did you expect?? At least you didn't lose everything.

This website sometimes really disappoints.

Several days of rain - and trapped water - so today is all about skeeter stuff - how about a small can of Off for $9.95 ...

Originally Posted By: andrewg
What a bunch of whiners.

If you can't afford 20 cents to a buck increase....while others don't even have a home anymore.....then you need to get a life.

At least three idiotic threads about rising gas prices because of a hurricane! What did you expect?? At least you didn't lose everything.

I agree with you about all the arguments of a temporary increase in gas price.

Please tell us how the increase in gas prices will help those who lost it all in the Texas area?
Actually it takes money out of the pockets of those who donate. If the oil companies took our money and donated it I think we all would approve.

What a bunch of whiners.

I read through this thread, and really only saw one comment that might be considered "whining".

Most everyone simply answered the question posed. Oh, I also joked a bit with another member for one post...

I'm pretty sure most people understand the gravity of the situation facing many people in Texas. There is a lot of pain and suffering yet to endure for many in that area.

Rather than posting an unnecessary scolding here, maybe do something to help those affected.

Originally Posted By: 02SE
What a bunch of whiners.

I read through this thread, and really only saw one comment that might be considered "whining".

Most everyone simply answered the question posed. Oh, I also joked a bit with another member for one post...

I'm pretty sure most people understand the gravity of the situation facing many people in Texas. There is a lot of pain and suffering yet to endure for many in that area.

Rather than posting an unnecessary scolding here, maybe do something to help those affected.

I'll post whatever I wish. It's my opinion and I'll express it. If you don't like it, talk to the hand.

Three...1-2-3...threads on gas prices increasing isn't whining? Okay. What is it then? It certainly isn't concern for those that lost it all. And if a person truly understands the gravity of what many folks are going through....they wouldn't post endless and ridiculous comments about how "much" (cents) gas prices have risen since the disaster. At some point a person needs to step back and reflect on what they are posting and how trivial a thread is.

As for your last comment? You have ZERO clue who I am nor what I have or haven't done to help the situation down there. Get off your horse.

I'll concede that with your posts, there is whining in this thread, now.

Carry on.

You exemplify what it means to marginalize. Not very becoming.

What a bunch of whiners.

78% of America lives paycheck to paycheck, so this is going to play a role, especially in households with high monthly fuel bills.

Originally Posted By: oilpsi2high
What a bunch of whiners.

78% of America lives paycheck to paycheck, so this is going to play a role, especially in households with high monthly fuel bills.

Of course, rising gas prices will effect people. But given proper perspective, it's a bit overboard to waste much time on the subject. With three threads on here with each thread having multiple pages....well, some perspective needs to be realized. While some lower income folks will have a bit of difficulty (not much in my opinion) with a minor rise in gas prices, it would be better to understand that from hurricane Harvey, about 48,000 homes were destroyed! 32,000 people were/are in shelters. And while the cost of gas will and must rise after shortages and facility damages....endless posts about what so and so paid in what town etc. are really trivial. One thing to keep in mind is that while SOME folks complain or worry about a few poultry cent rise in gas, up to 500,000 cars were ruined during the flooding. Those people don't even have a car to put gasoline into, let alone have any concern about expected gas prices rising.

But hey...knock yourself out with gas price concerns.

Carry on.

If your first post in this thread hadn't been unfounded, sanctimonious whining about your fellow board members, you'd have a stronger argument.

Originally Posted By: oilpsi2high
What a bunch of whiners.

Where did that 78% figure come from ?

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
Please tell us how the increase in gas prices will help those who lost it all in the Texas area?
Actually it takes money out of the pockets of those who donate. If the oil companies took our money and donated it I think we all would approve.

That's a good question.

The irony is the very same people that lost it all are paying for higher fuel prices too just like the rest of us.

Carry on.

If your first post in this thread hadn't been unfounded, sanctimonious whining about your fellow board members, you'd have a stronger argument.

Here you are as wrong as you could possibly be. I supported my opinion very well. But you've been wrong since you replied to my first post in this thread. There are several posts that can easily be interpreted as whining. Let's see......"went up a gouging 25 cent a gallon"......."up 50 cents in 1 week here. Gouging at it's finest"....Prices went up 20 more cents overnight!".....I hope it doesn't keep going up like that".

Now shoo fly. With 38 people (last count) dead and 48,000 homes destroyed as well as half a million vehicles ruined....these three dedicated gas-price threads are indeed whining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back