Flying Delta? Reminded: keep an eye on your flights!

Upcoming flight MSP-SLC and back, originally booked Comfort+ both ways. After a few weeks, the price of First for the outbound dropped from over $300/pp to $140/pp, so I jumped on it as my partner hasn't flown in a LONG time and this will be our first "trip" together.

Fast forward to today, I pull up the app to check F prices for the return flight just in case and bam! I see the price of C+ has dropped by $50/pp. The app allows you to "change" to the same flight and immediately processes an eCredit for future use, so that's exactly what I did.

I'll be keeping a close eye on F prices for our return flight now that I've got $100 in Delta money to play with. The flights aren't until May, so fingers crossed the loads stay light and Delta keeps lowering the fares.

Flying Delta... how long is your layover in Atlanta? :) I tease!!

Thank god it's a direct flight! Unfortunately, Delta is the ONLY way to get from MSP to SLC without a connection, and boy do they know it. I could have gotten there quite a bit cheaper by taking United through Denver, but forget all that. A couple extra dollars to avoid connections is worth it in most cases.

Thank god it's a direct flight! Unfortunately, Delta is the ONLY way to get from MSP to SLC without a connection, and boy do they know it. I could have gotten there quite a bit cheaper by taking United through Denver, but forget all that. A couple extra dollars to avoid connections is worth it in most cases.

I will pay $300 extra just to avoid a connecting flight.

There’s been a few times I was running to connecting flight and just made it a few minutes before they closed the door.

I will pay $300 extra just to avoid a connecting flight.

There’s been a few times I was running to connecting flight and just made it a few minutes before they closed the door.

It wasn't quite that much of a price delta between my flight and a cheaper option with a connection, but it was close. I was happy to pay extra to both A: fly direct with an airline I know and trust and B: get the flight timing I wanted that would minimize travel time and maximize vacation time.

If I were traveling solo, it would be a totally different story. I actually enjoy airports and flying, so when I'm on my own sometimes I'll fly a longer route and pad my own timing to/from the airport just because I find it fun.

Back