How many still listen to AM radio?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last time I actually 'listened' to AM radio was in 1982. I bought a car that only had an AM radio, so I listened to Top 40 and R&B stations for a few months till I could afford a decent sound system.

In my house we listen to AM radio every day. The programming is usually better than the commercial-ridden FM trash music stations.

Originally Posted by hatt
Originally Posted by Alfred_B
Once or twice a year. The talk shows are hilarious - angry people yelling logical fallacies.

I thought Air America went under?

Yeah, I tuned in to it a couple of times about 10 years ago, they were similarly illogical. Must be the required rule for talk radio.

Originally Posted by MolaKule
I listen to CFZM 740 at night.

Via the internet?
wink.gif

Originally Posted by StevieC
You realize how much we pay the CBC as tax payers right? Is it really free?
wink.gif

I know. It's as "free" as health care. But it's even less like health care over satellite, in which case you're paying for the CBC twice, plus two goods and services taxes (or the HST) on top of the no-escape CBC tax.

At least there are no commercials. The local Corus station (or whatever Corus is now) has 17 minutes of ads every half hour.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Uphill_Both_Ways
Originally Posted by StevieC
You realize how much we pay the CBC as tax payers right? Is it really free?
wink.gif

I know. It's as "free" as health care. But it's even less like health care over satellite, in which case you're paying for the CBC twice, plus two goods and services taxes (or the HST) on top of the no-escape CBC tax.

At least there are no commercials. The local Corus station (or whatever Corus is now) has 17 minutes of ads every half hour.

Yeah the commercials on AM-640 talk radio (Corus) and now Global are so annoying and repetitive. I turn up and down the volume countless times between segments. Happy to have the buttons on my steering wheel for that. Thanks Chrysler.

Once or twice a year. The talk shows are hilarious - angry people yelling logical fallacies.

To bad NPR doesn't...

Love the AM sports radio. No politics, no bad news. We mostly stream it.

Last edited:

Yeah, I tuned in to it a couple of times about 10 years ago, they were similarly illogical. Must be the required rule for talk radio.

Try listening to Mike Gallagher and Dennis Prager. Nothing illogical about their programs...

Originally Posted by NO2

That's funny, I listen to Buffalo sports radio (both WGR550 & 1270 The Fan) and that entails plenty of bad news...
smile.gif

I used to enjoy listening to Art Bell overnights while working or if I had epic insomnia, but the guy that replaced him is just a boring conspiracy idiot. Much like most political talk shows...

Originally Posted by Rat407
Just curious as to how many still listen to AM. I did for most talk shows but it seems now they are on FM.

I do the same. In this market, there's not so much talk on FM, aside from CBC. Here, each FM just plays the same twelve tracks over and over.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Nickdfresh
Originally Posted by NO2

That's funny, I listen to Buffalo sports radio (both WGR550 & 1270 The Fan) and that entails plenty of bad news...
smile.gif

I used to enjoy listening to Art Bell overnights while working or if I had epic insomnia, but the guy that replaced him is just a boring conspiracy idiot. Much like most political talk shows...

Very rarely like once a month does coast to coast does conspiracy shows the biggest draw back of the program in my view it is very dependent on the guest to be entertaining. The one host I can not stand is Linda Moulton Howe.

Ironically, Dave, that just reminded me. I haven't heard Coast to Coast on the radio up here for a number of months. Perhaps the local radio station dropped it. It's much cheaper to replay the daytime call in shows at night, after all.
wink.gif
As for guests, nothing's as hilarious as giving Bob Lazar a platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back