How a car without oil sounds like

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit disappointing the YouTube wolf pack did not perform their normal "shredding" via comments; there is usually far more entertainment to be had from those than the actual video.

Total and complete idiot...

Originally Posted By: Kira
You can plainly see he's from Massachusetts. That makes him the superior life form.
I resemble that remark.
grin2.gif

If it's any consolation, it's a Smart Fortwo, one of the most awful vehicles you can buy. So no big loss.

He's the type that when the turbo goes or it starts using oil, he'll drone on incessantly for decades on every online forum about how awful Smart cars are.

From his comments under comments:

Quote:
Back in '92 I drove a Plymouth Voyager van. I was in the process of trading it in for a new car when the oil pump blew out.
I called the dealership about driving with 0 PSI oil pressure. They said don't worry as it wouldn't affect the trade.
I drove 13 miles to work and back for two and a half days and nothing happened.

There's no denying his superior intellect.

Originally Posted By: splinter
From his comments under comments:

Quote:
Back in '92 I drove a Plymouth Voyager van. I was in the process of trading it in for a new car when the oil pump blew out.
I called the dealership about driving with 0 PSI oil pressure. They said don't worry as it wouldn't affect the trade.
I drove 13 miles to work and back for two and a half days and nothing happened.

There's no denying his superior intellect.

I know i saw that comment too, clearly he wasn't driving that long with no oil presssure, although he thinks he was. No car is going to drive 30+ mile with zero oil pressure, he probably just lost the sensor.

He was allowed to get a Smart car, named his tools with names that are easy to remember, wipes the dirt/dust from around the dipstick and fill hole into the engine so the filter catches it rather than get dirt on the ground, knows what cardboard is made for, knows how to use gloves, bungee, funnel, remembers to oil the filter o-ring/gasket..... wait! he's showing how to change oil but cut it short by not showing running the car after the OC is done & check for leaks etc. And didn't lay there displaying his crack smoking a cig while draining the oil, so can't be all that bad.

Another option would be to put it in neutral and just push it off the ramps....this guy was doing so good.

Originally Posted By: gregk24
Please people who don't know better, do not run you engine without oil! Wow!

Unless you have a "Smart Car".
grin2.gif
........God I hate those things.

Originally Posted By: mcrn
Another option would be to put it in neutral and just push it off the ramps....this guy was doing so good.

=1

Before getting to the post oil change restart, the "one size fits all" wrench started to make me nervous.

The guy does seem like a decent dude, most likely a good guy and nice neighbor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back