HM oil in low miilage vehicle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: dbeau
Great, now my car is going to explode... I knew I should have gone with non-HM. ('08 civic, 155,000 miles. No leaks/burning)

Look on the bright side, at least it led a nice, long life.
thumbsup2.gif

Great, now my car is going to explode... I knew I should have gone with non-HM. ('08 civic, 155,000 miles. No leaks/burning)

LOL yes it will burst into flames any second now. Get the family out now!

LOL but seriously, I'm going to be incredibly ticked off if this car starts leaking now that I put HM oil in it.

Last edited:
LOL but seriously, I'm going to be incredibly ticked off if this car starts leaking now that I put HM oil in it.

HM oils are formulated to stop leaks, not start them.

Originally Posted By: kschachn

HM oils are formulated to stop leaks, not start them.

So you don't think that whatever a HM oil does to "condition" the seal can have an overall negative effect?

So you don't think that whatever a HM oil does to "condition" the seal can have an overall negative effect?

No, and apparently neither do the manufacturers. They all say that HM oils can be used at any time with no problem.

Any body knows how they Swell VITON seals in modern Engines . CR ,VICTOR & others use better Materials than the old days . Sealing a powerplant today is an art . Do you need HM PCMO ?.If you stick with owner manuals you can't go wrong its your money .

Ironically I called Mobil this past week and asked if it was OK to do a one time use of Mobil 1 HM in our low mileage vehicle just to use the oil up and then go back to regular Mobil 1. The Mobil rep advised against using it in a lower mileage vehicle because "it will swell the seals" and could leak when you go back to non HM oils. He sounded like Pat Goss in that video
smirk.gif
. Just to be "safe" I'll find another use for it.

Whimsey

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back