High Performance Lubricants PCMO Series

i am NOT concerned about the oil itself, BUT every 6 mo-5000 miles comes quick + seeing how BLACK the kia optima oil gets there will be NO extending the time or miles $$$ pays only for the oil + filter, almost

That information has been posted in the appropriate threads in their respective sub-forum.
So the No VII oils I'm wanting to purchase has 27 pages attached to it's thread.
Triple product cost and triple research time needed on this. I'll pass. Thanks for the help drtyler.
Much appreciated. (y)

I sent HPL an email about oil for a 2015 Porsche Cayman. Never received a response. Does anyone know which one to go with or if anyone has tried it (un)successfully in the past in the 9a1 motor?
I asked HPL the same question of HPL Re: my '06 Cayman S (3.4L)- they answered HPL Synthetic Supercar Engine Oil (5w40), NOT Euro Passenger Car oil. That's what I've been running.

Last edited:
I asked HPL the same question of HPL Re: my '06 Cayman S (3.4L)- they answered HPL Synthetic Supercar Engine Oil (5w40), NOT Euro Passenger Car oil. That's what I've been running.
Unless it has very recently changed, the Euro 5W-40 and Super Car 5W-40 are the same.

Both are ACEA A3/B4, VW 502/504, Porsche A40.

The other Euro oils are based on lower SAPS, ACEA C3 or C5 depending on grade. All of the Super Car oils are higher SAPS, ACEA A3/B4, etc.

Unless it has very recently changed, the Euro 5W-40 and Super Car 5W-40 are the same.

Both are ACEA A3/B4, VW 502/504, Porsche A40.

The other Euro oils are based on lower SAPS, ACEA C3 or C5 depending on grade. All of the Super Car oils are higher SAPS, ACEA A3/B4, etc.

The 5w40 Euro and 5w40’supercar are the same oil and same price. The 0w40 supercar is different and costs more to make.

Thanks Brendan (y)
Now when I find an HPL that's SP in 12cst@100 (0w40 / 5w30 frankenblend perhaps), I'm good-to-go.
The 10.4 for 5w30 is great, being it's No VII.. But I want this future HPL to sit at 11 and still at least be SP.
Sooner or late, this fine company will manufacture one 0w/5w40 that's high 12s / early 13s..
:giggle:

Going to be a great weekend

IMG_5768.jpeg

Thanks Brendan (y)
Now when I find an HPL that's SP in 12cst@100 (0w40 / 5w30 frankenblend perhaps), I'm good-to-go.
The 10.4 for 5w30 is great, being it's No VII.. But I want this future HPL to sit at 11 and still at least be SP.
Sooner or late, this fine company will manufacture one 0w/5w40 that's high 12s / early 13s..
:giggle:
I’m pretty sure HPL knows what’s needed to protect your little engine. Their 5w30 even in “mere” PCEO form protected my 500+rwhp EcoBoost just fine for a hair over 15k miles, and is at ~13k on No VII 5w30. There’s no need to compensate with excessive KV100 when the base oils and additives are doing the job they’re supposed to.

I can, however, guarantee you can’t come up with any valid reasons (other than #feelz) why you’d need something more than what @High Performance Lubricants recommends. Since they don’t load their oils up with cheap VIIs, the HTHS will remain pretty consistent during the entire OCI.

I’m pretty sure HPL knows what’s needed to protect your little engine. Their 5w30 even in “mere” PCEO form protected my 500+rwhp EcoBoost just fine for a hair over 15k miles, and is at ~13k on No VII 5w30. There’s no need to compensate with excessive KV100 when the base oils and additives are doing the job they’re supposed to.

I can, however, guarantee you can’t come up with any valid reasons (other than #feelz) why you’d need something more than what @High Performance Lubricants recommends. Since they don’t load their oils up with cheap VIIs, the HTHS will remain pretty consistent during the entire OCI.
Judging by what I read in these HPL threads, I doubt I'll find something more than what @High Performance Lubricants recommends. I'm just waiting for the time when HPL offers purchasers better / easier access to their product(s) details. I've spent hours trying to find more info on their Elementals numbers this week.

But I do wear patience and I know that day is coming where I will uncover several, within a matter of minutes and not hours. - and certainly not by another member's reply to me that forwards such information on only (1).....the 5w30 that I received yesterday.

...... and who knows where that member got that info, for I couldn't find it on the world-wide web. Another member earlier cited that it appears HPL is not wanting to disclose so easily. Well, I don't want to open my wallet without better disclosure bu=y HPL and I'm not the first member here that feels this way.

But Boy Oh' Boy, their products sound fantastic and numerous VOAs / UOAs seem to back it up. But VOAs and UOA's are not how I should have such limited access to their Elementals. I should not be forced to access them that way-only..... or via another member's PM or email.

Judging by what I read in these HPL threads, I doubt I'll find something more than what @High Performance Lubricants recommends. I'm just waiting for the time when HPL offers purchasers better / easier access to their product(s) details. I've spent hours trying to find more info on their Elementals numbers this week.

But I do wear patience and I know that day is coming where I will uncover several, within a matter of minutes and not hours. - and certainly not by another member's reply to me that forwards such information on only (1).....the 5w30 that I received yesterday.

...... and who knows where that member got that info, for I couldn't find it on the world-wide web. Another member earlier cited that it appears HPL is not wanting to disclose so easily. Well, I don't want to open my wallet without better disclosure bu=y HPL and I'm not the first member here that feels this way.

But Boy Oh' Boy, their products sound fantastic and numerous VOAs / UOAs seem to back it up. But VOAs and UOA's are not how I should have such limited access to their Elementals. I should not be forced to access them that way-only..... or via another member's PM or email.
“Elementals” will never tell you anything about how a product will perform. That’s what performance testing and certifications are for. The testing is also applied to base oils and add packs, which are then paired up to deliver a specific end product with a given performance profile. If an oil blender were just adding “elementals” Willy-nilly to please window shoppers, it’s likely the overall product would not be well-balanced and performance in the real world would suffer.

Regarding tight-lipped talk about the materials used… I don’t think I’ve seen any documentation from Mobil, or Redline, or Amsoil, or any of the other oil manufacturers giving such detailed breakdowns of “elementals”. They just share performance certifications or recommendations, and safety data, which are not complete recipes to their products. Do you have some examples to share that show breakdowns of your preferred oil other than via VOA/UOA?

As far as access to HPL goes, all I’ve ever had to do to get a PDS or SDS that wasn’t on the website was to send a simple email, and less than one business day later I had my answer. They’ve got really responsive customer service. 👍🏻

Umm, I think you misread his post; he is definitely in the “use the warranty requirement oil only” camp.

I used to float in that camp depending on the age of my vehicles; old vehicles used whatever I wanted, and newer vehicles used whatever I felt “best” that met the specs. Now that HPL is on the scene and telling us they use approved chemistry with better base oils I am cleansed of my “sins” of wanting to use the best oil, no holds barred. HPL exceeds any possible OEM expectation when using the appropriate grade & dexos/Euro designation; I’d trust a literal zero-mile vehicle to HPL and never doubt my decision.
That’s precisely what I did with my new HD Road Glide Limited I bought in December ‘23. At the 1k break-in period it got the full HPL V-Twin Kit. Engine, transmission, and primary are all running HPL. Harley transmissions are notorious for the neutral to 1st “clunk” and for being extremely difficult to find neutral. Since HPL has been in mine, I will set it into 1st gear so buttery smooth that the only indications that I get that it’s in gear is the loss of the neutral light and gently feathering the clutch to the friction zone. Members of my CVMA chapter are becoming curious about it, but very few of them do their own maintenance.

looks like you should help some of them out :)
Frankly, I wish I could! Most of them go through the dealer and bought the “pre-paid maintenance plan”. One of them has asked me for the link to HPL’s sales website and he took pics of one of the HPL V-Twin bottles, but he was planning on selling that Street Glide (actually just did last week) and got another Kawi H-2. Wonder if he will pick up some HPL for it? He may not know to call HPL to find out what their JASO-MA2 oils are for his new bike.

... but he was planning on selling that Street Glide (actually just did last week) and got another Kawi H-2. Wonder if he will pick up some HPL for it? He may not know to call HPL to find out what their JASO-MA2 oils are for his new bike.
Wondering if HPL does their own in-house friction testing to see if the oil meets the JASO friction test specs?

Don’t know… any idea which machine/test that is? We can always ask…
From what I'm finding, sounds like the SAE #2 Clutch Friction Test. I think there are other methods out there too.

1713126140401.jpg

Other JASO MA info.

Back