2019 Ram 5.7 HPL Choice

If you want talk about an oil from the future, let's look at this UOA of Delo 600 ADF:

PDS: https://cglapps.chevron.com/msdspds/PDSDetailPage.aspx?docDataId=579106&docFormat=PDF
VOA: https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/threads/chevron-delo-600-adf-sample.338656/
Wow, that's ummm, not great looking. The appearance of copper and nickel isn't great.

Would be very interested in seeing a tear-down of an engine run on this stuff.

I remember Red Line telling me that too years back. I think SonofJoe was still a proponent of full SAPs too. However he did acknowledge that he was retired for a long time and not fully aware of the newer chemistry.

It seemed the old PAO/POE high Ca and ZDP worked exceptionally well for years.
They still speak in terms of high dosages "quenching" the issues.

To me, this is key for the future design of oils.

High dosages vs low SAPS.

I'm more concerned about the filter currently. I've thorough cut apart the last couple filters that I've removed. Not sure if what I'm finding are combustion byproduct from the dirty hemi/MDS or if it's cleaning from the HPL.

Amsoil EA15K50 Cut Open 4636 miles - HPL PCMO
Amsoil EA15K50 Cut Open 5511miles - HPL PCMO
Some words have been minimized to reduce the trauma some have with the situation.

I considering following the OLM to not really be extended OCIs, especially when using a higher than expected grade of oil (synthetic instead of conventional), however, I know some here do consider this to be an extended OC interval. In my situation, I think the OLM is well suited to my driving. I think my Pennzoil Platinum UOAs reinforce my methodology. And considering HPL is well above and beyond PP, I have zero concerns with 10k on HPL. I'd like to get to a point of doing 10k on the oil and filter and not have the mid OCI filter change.

This truck has proven to me that I will never not have a truck.
Granted I haven’t cut open one of my HEMI filters, but the filters coming out of my 300 with the 3.6 Pentastar looked way worse than that on Pennzoil Platinum after 5,000 miles. Coincidentally, our Grand Caravan with the same engine has never looked bad, even after the 30,000 mile “oopsie” I did with it and subsequent ~5,000 mile HPL PCMO premium plus OCI 😬

Back